All reviews thyme restaurant meal deal plenty of free parking air con teething problems petrol station modern hotel breakfast and dinner provided an excellent service check in was quick and easy would recommend this hotel to anyone easy choice bottled drinks buffet style chicken escalope well sound proofed short walk from the centre
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here over the Easter bank holiday weekend and this was our first experience of Premier Inn - based on this weekend it won’t be our last. We had a family room and it was much bigger than I was expecting, a good size bathroom and plenty of room around the beds. We all slept very well and once I’d worked out the air conditioning the temperature was just right too. No fridge but we had the usual tea and coffee making equipment which could be replenished downstairs. We ate in the Thyme restaurant for a couple of nights and the food was great as was the service, Rachel and Harry in particular. The breakfast was one of the best we’ve had in a chain hotel, buffet style with plenty of options. The hotel itself is brilliantly positioned for Monmouth itself - 5 to 10 minute walk to the Monnow bridge - and with great access to the A40. All the staff we met were really attentive, friendly and keen to help. Helen the manager was a mine of information on the area. We will definitely come back to this hotel as there’s so much to see on either side of the border.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2018

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel is within a 5-10 minute walk to downtown attractions. Nice walk into town that takes one over the old Monnow River bridge and straight into the historical district. Take the newer bridge one up from the old one if you want a photo at a distance of the town or bridge.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I’ve stayed in many Premier Inns over the last few years. OK, I know the rooms are all the same as any other, so you could be in any Premier Inn in the country once you’re inside, but the one in Monmouth was without doubt the best I’ve stayed in. Why? Well it’s a fairly new one, just opened 14 months ago I gather. It contains a Thyme restaurant within the same building which, although the menu is slightly more limited than a Beefeater or a Brewers Fayre, is of very good quality. It’s good value for money too as I went for the meal deal, which cost me only £18 for three courses on each of the two nights I was there.

What makes this Premier Inn a cut above the rest, however, is the service. I was warmly welcomed by the lady on reception and I found the staff in the restaurant very friendly and helpful. I can’t remember all the names I’m afraid, but one of them was Emma. It was her first night and she and her colleague were brilliant when I dined there on my first night's stay, with whom I found I was able to chat and have a bit of a laugh too. There was a different lady the second night, but she was equally as friendly and helpful as was the young lady chef. I wish I remembered all their names, but quite frankly ALL the members of staff I encountered provided an excellent service during my two nights stay.

All in all a very welcoming establishment. I’ve already booked to return for a couple of nights at the end of May and I’m looking forward to it already.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank Patrick L
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived late evening to be greeted by a friendly lady on reception, check in was quick, room excellent, had a steak in the restaurant which was cooked to perfection and delicious, breakfast was cooked to order and superb, I have stayed in many premier inns and this one is one of the best, well done Monmouth hotel! Your staff deserve a round of applause

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business