All reviewsthyme restaurantmeal dealplenty of free parkingteething problemspetrol stationair conbreakfast and dinnerprovided an excellent servicecheck in was quick and easywould recommend this hotel to anyonebottled drinksnewly opened hotellady on receptionchicken escalopewell sound proofedshort walk from the centretv reception
Reviewed 28 March 2018

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel is within a 5-10 minute walk to downtown attractions. Nice walk into town that takes one over the old Monnow River bridge and straight into the historical district. Take the newer bridge one up from the old one if you want a photo at a distance of the town or bridge.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I’ve stayed in many Premier Inns over the last few years. OK, I know the rooms are all the same as any other, so you could be in any Premier Inn in the country once you’re inside, but the one in Monmouth was without doubt the best I’ve stayed in. Why? Well it’s a fairly new one, just opened 14 months ago I gather. It contains a Thyme restaurant within the same building which, although the menu is slightly more limited than a Beefeater or a Brewers Fayre, is of very good quality. It’s good value for money too as I went for the meal deal, which cost me only £18 for three courses on each of the two nights I was there.

What makes this Premier Inn a cut above the rest, however, is the service. I was warmly welcomed by the lady on reception and I found the staff in the restaurant very friendly and helpful. I can’t remember all the names I’m afraid, but one of them was Emma. It was her first night and she and her colleague were brilliant when I dined there on my first night's stay, with whom I found I was able to chat and have a bit of a laugh too. There was a different lady the second night, but she was equally as friendly and helpful as was the young lady chef. I wish I remembered all their names, but quite frankly ALL the members of staff I encountered provided an excellent service during my two nights stay.

All in all a very welcoming establishment. I’ve already booked to return for a couple of nights at the end of May and I’m looking forward to it already.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank Patrick L
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived late evening to be greeted by a friendly lady on reception, check in was quick, room excellent, had a steak in the restaurant which was cooked to perfection and delicious, breakfast was cooked to order and superb, I have stayed in many premier inns and this one is one of the best, well done Monmouth hotel! Your staff deserve a round of applause

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We stayed in this Premier Inn for one night to break up a long journey en route to South Wales. We booked a family room on the day of travel.

We found the hotel easily and even though we arrived at 10pm we had a very warm welcome. Our room was on the second floor and was very spacious and immaculately clean. My request for more tea/coffee/milk was fulfilled.

After a great sleep we went down to the restaurant to have breakfast in the Thyme restaurant. We had a lovely welcome and our food was cooked to order. We all thoroughly enjoyed it.
I would recommend this hotel and we will definitely return. I have fed back to the Premier Inn Twitter feed too.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family