“A lovely find”
other travellers have booked this property
Spacious room Chillaxing area
Caernarfon Castle
Criccieth Castle
Mount Snowdon
Standing stones on Anglesey
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

cmoore198...
Bury, United Kingdom
“A lovely find”
Reviewed 5 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed at Fron Oleu over the May bank holiday weekend and it certainly gets a big thumbs up from both of us! The location (despite bad luck with the weather) is idyllic and the hosts were utterly lovely and accommodating for the duration of our stay. Fron Oleu has just the one, sizeable room that they let out, which is spacious and spotless and has lovely views over the surrounding countryside. The weather, as noted, was pretty awful when we arrived and so we were forced to hibernate for much of the Saturday but the room, which is tastefully decorated offers a large comfortable bed and lounge area certainly offered the space and sanctuary we needed. Shelley is lovely and really looked after us with a tasty freshly cooked breakfast each morning and lots of ideas for places to escape to and things do, in light of the dodgy weather! Both of us agreed that Fron Oleu is by far the nicest B&B we've stayed in, perfect for couples and those wanting to escape to the country for a bit of R and R. Can't fault and highly recommend.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, the hosts and the lovely clean, comfortable room
Liked least: Nothing - perfect B and B
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
6 May 2015
I'm so pleased your B&B stay with us was enjoyable and relaxing, I only wish I could have organised better weather for you. It was so lovely meeting you both and I hope you will come and stay with us again.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a genuine, nice review about your experience.
ElaineRid...
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
“A Welsh Gem”
Reviewed 27 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I rarely write reviews but in this case I’ll make an exception. I’m sorry to say that this is the best B & B we have ever stayed in. Sorry, because when the owner builds up her base of regular clients and word gets around then I feel that it will be fully booked when we want to return – which we most certainly do. The location of the B & B is perfect, the views fantastic, so so peaceful (even heard a Raven calling) and a bedroom equivalent to a 5 star hotel (at B & B prices)– total Utopia. The owner Shelley has within a short time built up a B & B worthy of a 4 star and her attention to detail makes this a first class hotel – a home from home. It only as the one room but what a room!! Everything is very clean, well designed and with many thoughtful touches.
Breakfast is stunning. Shelley sources her food locally and cooks it to perfection. Just one hint -pick the breakfast chair on the right as you look out of the window, ‘cos you get the best view of the birds on the feeding station – woodpeckers, nuthatches to name a few. There’ll be a fight next time to get this seat but I’ll win!!!. Please give this B & B a visit – you will not be disappointed. It’s first class but please leave some time for my husband and I to return. I thought about keeping hush on this place but I had to be fair to Shelley – she deserves to succeed.
Shelley thank you so much, we had a lovely short break for my **birthday and we wish you well in your venture but I think you already have a successful formula – location, views, your attention to detail, your friendly connecting personality, plus good sense of humour (always a bonus working in the hospitality business!!) – all key to a very successful business. Well done!!. So see you soon (if we can book in!!) and next time it will be for a longer period.
Cheers Elaine
PS hope you car passed its MOT – I did!!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
28 Apr 2015
WOW what a review! Thank you so much for making me and my B&B feel very special. Look forward to seeing you again.
MaryJShim
bakewell
“Everything about Fron Oleu B&B is perfect”
Reviewed 16 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

The accommodation is really lovely, - tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. The bed is incredibly comfortable and I can honestly say I've never slept better! The location is an ideal base from which to explore the area, and the quiet country lane where the B&B is situated is tranquil, peaceful and has lovely surroundings of fields, with views looking towards the mountains. The owner/host, Shelley is so friendly and welcoming, she made us feel very relaxed and comfortable. Her breakfasts are delicious and the Welsh cakes on arrival were scrummy and much appreciated. She was really helpful, offering fantastic advice about what to do, where to go, places to eat etc, and generally imparting her local knowledge to ensure we got the most out of our time in the area. I would highly recommend staying here, and I look forward to being able to return.

17 Mar 2015
Thank you so much for your lovely review, I do appreciate your time and feedback. It was so nice to meet you both and looking after you was a pleasure. I hope you can return in the near future, with your bikes, and enjoy the area even more. Best wishes Shelley
Diane T
“Ms”
Reviewed 15 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Wonderful hosts, beautiful room, comfiest bed, gorgeous breakfasts, great location, breathtaking views. By far the best B&B I've stayed in. Thanks Shelley & Adam for a lovely Valentine's weekend x

Emily T
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location, great hospitality, highly recommend Fron Oleu”
Reviewed 10 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Shelley and family ensured that we enjoyed a luxurious stay; excellent, varied breakfasts, a superb room with beautiful view and tasteful decor. Fron Oleu was the perfect location to set off from for long walks in Snowdonia, and to return to for warming cup of tea with Welsh cakes provided in our room. The room is spacious, the bed huge and glamorous and the hospitality was second to none. We will certainly return to Fron Oleu, which offered a taste of Welsh country living in traditional stone farmhouse, converted for a comfortable modern stay.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location and hospitality
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
13 Nov 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We would love to see you again and there are so many more walks for you to do. I shall work on those directions!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$112
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing