“Easter Bank holiday Monday”

CookHouse Pub & Carvery
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Prestatyn
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Second visit here, first time was very good, but today, Easter Monday was awful! Ordered the Combi to share, sent chips back as weren't cooked, the chicken wings looked aneamic and tasted weard, so we left them only to then find a nice long hair on one of the prawn filos! £12.95 and only ate corn & mozzarella sticks! These were Luke warm! Ordered extra Garlic bread as 2 of us sharing, we got 2 fingers slivers of French bread, tasty but minute!
Complained but was only offered a drink which we declined as felt quite sickly by now. My husband had the Tikka curry which again was luke warm, and certainly not worth £9.99.
Certainly won't recommend or return. Spent £33 which I might as well have put in the bin, rather than treated my husband & daughter.

1  Thank Christina V
Colin S, Owner at CookHouse Pub & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Christina , sorry to hear your experience was not up to standard. As it was such a busy weekend , it is not acceptable that the food was not to the best quality. Apologies on behalf of the team, this is not the usual standard of service if you would like to discuss further email us at comedycentral@blackwaterbars.co.uk. This experience is not what we want to be known for we would like to know how we can ensure you visit again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 019)

23 - 27 of 1 022 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here 30th March, we stayed in premier inn next door received excellent service , very friendly staff,lovely food . Would visit again when visiting Rhyl

Thankyou for your glowing review. Glad to hear your enjoyed yourself, we aim to provide the best service and food possible to a high standard. Hope to see you again soon and thank you for taking the time and sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ok but not great, I wanted fish n chips but that was off the menu only to see the dish it being served from the kitchen to the function room, my 2nd choose was curry also off the menu so I had bean burger not great fried and soggy. My husband & daughter food was ok friendly staff and pleasant surroundings.

Sorry to hear your experience was not to your expectations, this is not the normal quality of service and would like to apologies on behalf of the team. If you would like to discuss further do not hesitate in contacting me at comedycentral@blackwaterbars.co.uk as we would not want this experience to deter you from returning. Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So I am just sitting after eating in this pub and have got to say the service received from the staff esp Micheal the chef who came and talked us through the menu for my daughters nut allergy and cooked her a plain chicken breast in place of the nuggets to be sure that there would be no trace is some of the best service I have received! eating out with my daughter can be an issue at times but with the help of people like this it makes it a non stressful experience
So thank u cook house Prestatyn and thank u to Micheal the chef my daughter loved her extra special nuggets and our burgers were lovely aswell we will be back and we are regular visitors to Prestatyn and so are my family so I will be telling them aswell

Thank you for such a glowing review. Our team always thrive to provide the best service possible to ensure all customers are catered for. Your kind words will be passed onto Micheal and we can't wait to see you again soon. Thankyou for taking the time to share your thoughts .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

tried this when it first opened very nice carvery have not been back since but food and staff very good

Colin S, Owner at CookHouse Pub & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for a great review! We are glad you enjoyed your experience but hope you do return soon and we can gain that extra star.