“Once upon a time in a cinema....”
Review of The Picture House

The Picture House
Ranked #24 of 96 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wow. I remember when this was a cinema. In fact, I saw my first ever film here, when I was very tiny! To see it in it's present incarnation is rather interesting!
We were here for the birthday of a family member and it was good fun.
The meals we all had were delicious. I a real shepherd's pie with gravy, someone else had a steak pie, another bangers and mash, which were a hit as well.
Dessert was excellent, crumble of any description is a hit with our group. .
Coffee and tea refills are free, so that made some in our group very happy!
It's nice to see new life breathed into the Princess. Hope it continues thus.

picture h, Manager at The Picture House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

thank you very much for visiting us and also taking the time to leave us such a lovely review.

we hope your family member enjoyed their birthday and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely venue, friendly and obliging staff. Great beers and ciders. Always good value. Immaculately refurbished, would visit again.

Thank you for your lovely review, It is always nice to receive nice reviews, especially about the staff as we really do pride ourselves on our service.

we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Ordered the rump steak medium rare, cooked pretty close to perfect, however could include onion rings or corn on the cob instead of the mushroom.

A member of our party was bitterly disappointed as after ordering he was later told there was no ribs to have with his chicken and rib combo, which didn't provide us with much confidence for the meal to come.

Overall the food was good but what made the experience was the server Jonathan, he was lovely and as it says in the title, always had a smile. Thank you Johnathon, you earned the 4th star.

picture h, Manager at The Picture House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you so much fro your review.

I am very sorry that on your visit we didn't have the ribs available. I understand how disappointing this must have been. we aim to have 100% availability at all times, however sometimes instances do occur and for this I apologise.

I am happy to note that Jonathan made your visit to us special and I will pass on your comments. I'm sure he will be thrilled.

Thanks again for your review

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Ordered myself a large mixed grill as I had enjoyed this in my local weatherspoons many times and was looking forward to this one.I was never asked how I would like my rump cooked and when my meal was served the meat looked rubbish although the rest of the meal was nice.The steak which I presume it was looked similar to what was supposed to be the lamb had no taste and well over cooked so I left it and no thickness on any of the meat looking very flat. Left half my dinner due to being disappointed. Gave a 3 star due to chips,sausages & onion rings being nice.

1  Thank Tina C

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you left disappointed with your meal. We strive to provide excellent service and quality of food at all times.

If you are ever less than happy with your meal we would like to know on the visit so that we can rectify it for you. We hate to think of our customers leaving unhappy with their visit.

I hope that should you be in the area again that you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Typical Wetherspoons, good value, range of beers included. I had a large lamb shank and a pint for £9.99 and it couldn't be faulted.

picture h, Manager at The Picture House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you so much for your review.
It is lovely to hear that we have happy customers and that you enjoyed your visit with us.

I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team, they will be thrilled.
Thanks again for your kind review.