“Perfect getaway.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Apple cottage

Summer Time
summer and spring time cottage winter scene
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
summer and spring time
cottage winter scene
winter scene apple cottage
kitchen with french doors opening onto patio/garden
modern well equipped kitchen with french doors to enclosed garden/patio area
constant hot water
This picture makes the front room look very dark but its not. its the light from the doorway
powerful shower room with toilet and sink , velux window making this a sunny room
shower room and toilet
double bedroom with single and double bed
view from front of cottage black mountain in the background
view from front gate
cottage garden
great lawn and pretty varied borders make this a lovely spring and summer garden
pet secure enclosed garden
lovely views over the common and mountains while enjoying a drink.
if you are a well behaved dog like me your welcome. the walks are fabulous
llyn y fan brecon beacons
glyneath waterfall area
waterfall area pontneathvaughan
The stunning area around Carreg Cennan Castle. Great place to eat there. 30 min drive
Within 15 mile radius explore Brecon Beacons, Gower Coast and city of Swansea
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

wezlets
Chichester
“Perfect getaway.”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

My husband, our 2 year old Jack Russell and I came to stay at Apple cottage for the weekend.
We chose the cottage as I have family spread out around this part of Wales so it was convenient, it was so much more than I was expecting.
The cottage was compact, cute and had everything we needed. The night before we came to Apple cottage my husband and I had stayed in a 5 star hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we both had a terrible night sleep. My two nights at Apple cottage were the best nights sleep I had had in months, the bed was so comfortable and even on a cold nights we had we were snug as a bug.
The area is so quite and perfect for people wanting to walk and explore the natural beauty of Wales. My little Jack Russell had some lovely walks.
The garden is completely dog friendly and I can Imagine in the summer its a real sun trap.
This cottage has everything you would need for a break away form it all. I would stay here again and would be happy to recommend it to our friends.
Thank you.

Friends getaway People with pets
EMHughes
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely, cosy, friendly cottage”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Paula was very friendly, flexible and helpful with an extremely short notice booking. The cottage was really lovely, very clean and well equipped and a fire was kindly laid out for us by Paula and ready for lighting. It is well enough located to go exploring and situated in a quiet and green location. All I would like as an extra after a day out is a soak in a hot tub but it's a minor detail. The price for this lovely cottage is very keen and I would definitely go again. Thank you.

Travelling group: Friends
Katie D
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Beautiful and cosy cottage”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at Apple Cottage for a week. We took our dog for whom the garden was perfect, and properly enclosed so he couldn't get out.
There is so much to do nearby...amazing walks, waterfalls, the National Showcaves (a little expensive but well worth it), the tin works, National trust properties and absolutely spectacular beaches.

Inside the property Paula had left plenty of leaflets of things to do, and a great little guide in which she'd included the local 'must sees' - complete with postcodes to get us there with the satnav (fantastic as it was our first time in South Wales). The lounge was really cosy, with two chairs, a sofa, tv and dvd player and log fire, and the kitchen was well equipped with everything we needed. We brought food with us, but there was a large Tesco not too far away by car, so we popped in and got extras but you could easily do your whole shop there, so you don't have to cart all your food along with you.
The whole property was completely spotless, and had lots of quirky touches so it was modern but original too.
The area was lovely and peaceful and we weren't once disturbed during the night or in the morning. The view out the front was lovely to wake up to every morning.
Throughout our stay Paula was only next door, and was always friendly when we saw her - recommending places to go etc.
We were really happy with our stay, it was everything we wanted and more, we'd love to go again, and would definitely recommend it.
I accidentally left my glasses when we left, which Paula kindly quickly returned to me.

Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
mamph68
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful cosy cottage”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

This is the second time we have stayed at one of Paula's cottages and once again we weren't disappointed. The cottage is gorgeous and has everything that you could need. It was clean, cosy and a wonderful romantic break. Paula was friendly, helpful and informative, happy to offer advice on places to visit and eat. While we were there the shower broke, we told Paula bank holiday Monday in the evening and by lunchtime Wednesday a new one had been fitted-awesome! Should also mention that the bed was one of the most comfortable that I've ever slept in. Can't recommend this cottage or Paula highly enough-we're already planning to go back there next year.

Liked best: The garden
Liked least: Nothing, had a great time
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Natasha6...
Toronto, Canada
“Great Value for what you pay!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

My boyfriend and I stayed in Apple Cottage from Aug 15-17. We had decided the day before that we were going to hike in Brecon Beacons National Park. We were searching for last minute accommodations (arriving the next day) and came across Apple Cottage. The price was well in our range and seemed like it would fit our needs. Contact with Paula was fantastic. After filling out the online form, we received a text message from her letting us know that she receive our inquiry, the cottage was available etc. We continued to text back and forth a few times, and waited for her to finish work to discuss in more detail. Since she wasn’t home in the evening, she called us instead to give us all of the information we required for our arrival the next morning.

After reading the review below, I was not too enthused about going but figured I could suck it up for 2 nights. I’m not sure where the other couple had stayed, but their description did not reflect that of what we had seen. (the pet hair reference might be the front mat from outside as we noticed it on the carpet too once we were walking in and out). Granted, there were some cobwebs up on higher beams, but that’s to be expected. You can clean them off and within a short time, they’re back again. The kitchen was small, but functional and we took advantage of the fridge and stove/oven. Everything was very clean! I would only recommend having some salad bowls added to the cottage, as we had used a pot for our salad- no big deal.

The toilet worked well, and the shower although on the small-ish side had a turbo stream of hot water. You don’t have to worry about weak water pressure here! It was a welcomed warmth and massage after a hard day out on the hills.

The TV was great; having some cable channels was nice so we could just unwind at the end of the day. It seems like the speakers may have blown in the past, so there is a slight rattle/echo when the sounds comes out. It’s nothing to fuss over, but if fixed would be faultless.

Paula was nice enough to give us some wood for the fire place on our first night (we didn’t bother asking the 2nd, and I’m sure it wouldn’t have been a problem). The only negative point I would have about the cottage is that it is chilly/damp. It’s not fault of the owner/maintenance etc it’s just how it is. My boyfriend was fine in a t-shirt, but I had on long pants, t-shirt and sweater. In bed oom it was fine, just the front room.

The bed was smaller than ours at home, but we just used that as an excuse to cuddle more. Great selection of pillows- I used the temperpedic one like I have at home so I was happy! We didn’t have a third person so cannot comment on the twin bed. The upstairs was spacious enough for the two of us to move around freely.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Apple Cottage and would recommend to anyone who is looking for affordable accommodation and willing to let go of the “luxuries” you would receive at a 5 star hotel. I consider myself to be a little high maintenance but I was quite happy with our stay. Thank you Paula!

Your age range 25-34
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing