“Beautiful Village Great food”
Review of The Hive

The Hive
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Aberaeron
Price range: US$0 - US$57
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Visited this village after visiting the nearby National Trust property, whilst busy it was quiet and unassuming, the food at the hive was exemplary and both of us enjoyed the meals. I think they must have used 3 plates for the size of the fish, but don’t let that detract you from the sheer quality of the food served, highly recommend this place

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

First visit to The Hive, it was a beautiful sunny day, I had prawn Marie on ciabatta roll, which was delicious, my daughter had burger and homemade fries, they were definitely worth the wait, was tranquil and would definitely go back, lovely waitress, couldn’t fault it!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

very expensive for what you got a child's meal popcorn chicken chips 4 little popcorn chickens and handful chips no peas or salad or the offer of any of them £4 for a milk shake

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We went to.the hive as a family of 8. The food was fine when it arrived did have to wait along time and are one point we at to ask a waitress how long our food was going to be. My wife had to ask for her drink 3 times before it arrived. Also I.ordered bread and it didn't come with my main they forgot. Check your receipt good job I did try to charge us for a drink we never had and a extra main course! Like I said food good but service let it down.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Ordered fish and chips. The chips were poor, lots of bits and the fish was very small. Considering the amount you have to pay this was a very disappointing meal.