“Been time and time again ”

Monachty Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 34 Restaurants in Aberaeron
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Monachty is a traditional seaside pub and hotel, situated in the beautiful town of Aberaeron in Ceredigion. The Monachty features a brasserie restaurant with an extensive fresh menu, spacious beer garden and stunning views of the harbour.
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Always have lovely meals when we visit
Been with friends
Family
Children
Its a lovely place and the food is always to a high standard
Nothing is ever too much

1  Thank Elinor992
TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you very much for such great review! we work really hard to offer a great service , so I am happy to see that reflected on your last visit. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Visited the area while on holiday (Easter Holidays). Very pleasant building and clean. Group of 5, no problem and the youngest was kept busy with coloring and crayons provided. Good menu and selection of beers and wine. Food ordering went without fuss and arrived on time. Reasonable price and would go there again.

1  Thank ChrispyCurls

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent service family friendly good choice of food and drink. Relaxing atmosphere. Friendly helpful staff

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Brenda B
TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time a leave your review.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

We had supper last night Thursday 19th April and had a friendly welcome from the staff/manger, we opted for the set evening dinner menu and it did not disappoint, Creamy garlic mushrooms (not breaded) yum, husband had a great cooked to order steak and my gammon was perfect however couldn't eat it all so I was given a takeaway carton. We re-orderd drinks and they brought them to the table to save us getting up from our meal.
Everything is so reasonably priced and good we will return.

1  Thank CHughes2610
TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thank you very much for such great review! we work really hard to offer the best food in the best possible environment, so I am happy to see that reflected on your last visit.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Ate here (or tried to) mid March with 2 friends. Were told on arrival there was a 30min wait for food, despite there only being 6 other people in the place. Sat down and had drinks- I'll bullet point from here to save myself typing something akin to War and Peace-
1. Rev James ale was stale and undrinkable.
2. Wait for food was over an hour.
3. Hardly any space for the plates as glasses were not cleared (we were on round 3 by the time starters came).
4. Food sat waiting to be served to us for 15mins (I was clockwatching by this time).
5.Brie wedges were still frozen.
6. Waitress told me brie wedges should be served that way.
7. No alternative or apology were offered.
8. After another 40min wait they delivered 3 meals-wrong meals and not what we ordered.
9. When the food finally came my steak was burnt to a crisp and inedible- I'd asked for rare.
10. No replacement was offered but I was told I could not eat the tuna sandwich I'd nipped over and got from Costcutters, despite the Monachty failing to provide anything edible all night.
11. Lady claiming to be the manager promised us free puddings (as if we going to wait any longer!) But left without telling the rest of the staff.
12. Actual manager called a week later (after a long discussion with Brains via Facebook, where I tried and failed to get a contact email or number for Head Office) and begged me not to write a bad review. He offered a free meal, which I declined-I'll go back when hell freezes over-but also refused to give me details of head office.

In short-don't go inside. The decor is average, toilets filthy, food ill prepared and inedible and staff rude at best.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank missmsj
TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent visit at the Monachty.