“Most enjoyable visit, I take reviews as Subjective ”
Review of The Feathers Royal

The Feathers Royal
Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Aberaeron
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Like all things you get good and bad, and the same goes with reviews, you have to weigh good against bad and make your own decision.

We were looking. For somewhere to eat as you do, checked the reviews and decided to give the feathers a go. We checked the menu on line, and walked through the door.

Your greated with exactly what it is, a local above average hotel. We were shown to the bar ordered drinks and given a menu.

After ordering, we were shown to our table when our food was ready, and I have to say, it was amazing.

I had the Welsh steak, and it was an injustice to add the peppercorn sauce I ordered, (which was delicious in itself) the steak was the best I'd has in ages, as we're the chips.

My better half ordered tagliatelle, and there was too much to finish, (I helped)

We. Finished off with creme brulee, and cheesecake, the brulee was Awsome, so light as to melt on the tongue. The cheesecake was creamy and delicious,

There was only one person front of house, taking drink and food orders, serving food and clearing tables, and although not exactly run off your feet busy, he did an excelent job,

Overall I would recommend eating here, a friendly, cosy, slightly formal atmosphere (not overly so) with great food. Hope you find it the same

Reviewed 26 January 2018

FYI I'm using hubby's account to write this.
After waiting 10 mins in the bar for service at lunchtime today, we rang the bell to be confronted with a rude "Yeah?" from a young lad who was clearly stressed, as the place was obviously understaffed.
After being given menus we chose our sandwiches quickly, as we had to return to work (around the corner) in approx. 30 mins. We waited another 5 mins for staff to reappear, to no avail. When I rung the bell again, the barman reappeared and rudely told me there was no need to come to the bar to order and that it was table service (there was no signage anywhere informing us of this).
We ordered and after waiting over 30 mins for 3 sandwiches, we eventually requested the food to take away as we needed to get back to work. 5 mins later the most offensively condescending woman laboriously explained how they did not do take away meals as they didn't have the facilities. We informed her that we had wanted to eat in, but after waiting half an hour for a sandwich, had to leave to go back to work. Rather than apologise, she retorted "Well we can't always serve food quickly. It depends how busy we are," and proceeded to stare me down. Nice.
She proceeded to lecture us on how they would make an exception and let us take the food away as long as we didn't dare to criticise in the event of food poisioning, as the sandwiches were in perfect condition when they left the building. Clearly, we were dicing with death taking a salmon sandwich off the premises.
Following another wait to pay for our food, the aforementioned barman argued with a pair of old dears about the till system (they wanted to pay separately), and we also noticed another 4 people milling around, waiting for attention. In the end they walked off, having been ignored.
On her way out, the old dear mentioned how rude the barman was (in Welsh) before leaving. Before I could tell the barman what I wanted to pay for, he demanded to know what the old lady had said. I refused. He asked again, very rudely, so I told him that she was not happy. He tutted and muttered something under his breath about till systems.
We were the only people in the bar when we arrived and the people who were in the restaurant section (about 8 women) were already eating, so I can't understand how 3 sandwiches can take over 30 mins to make. We are local professionals who would gladly support any decent local business regularly; but not this one.
They were nice sandwiches, but the total lack of any concern for customers' welfare and accusatory and aggressive staff left a very bitter taste in our mouths. If you like rudeness, lack of customer care and being patronised, then come here.

greenleas, Owner at The Feathers Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you for your review.
We are sorry you did not enjoy your visit to the Feathers, but I feel I must reply accordingly.
The barman served you your drinks and did come to take your order twice, however on his first visit you were having a very in-depth and inappropriate conversation regarding your sexual exploits which the young man behind the bar found extremely embarrassing, you told him on this occasion you were not ready to order.
On his second visit your order was taken, you had however been on the premises a considerable time before you were ready to order. You did not have to wait half an hour for your sandwiches and when you asked to have it as a take away due to your time constraints Jane whom you describe as an offensively condescending!! Whom has worked for me for many years and is the least offensive or condescending person I have every had the pleasure of working alongside, explained to you that we did not have any takeaway cartons and as she knew you were form the school very kindly as not to have to wrap your sandwiches, crisps, coleslaw and salad garnish all in tin foil, offered you to take the sandwiches on the plate, which could be cling filmed. Just asking you politely if you could return them at a convenient time to yourselves.
As your sandwiches were smoked salmon and prawns once again Jane quite rightly pointed out that these should not be kept at an ambient temperature for any period of time for your safety.
We are glad you enjoyed you’re sandwiches and are sorry that you have taken offence, it would appear that an act of offering good service has been taken wrongly.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

The food was excellent
Well presented
Hot
With enough for seconds

Staff where plenty full and helpful
Good service
Would highly recommend
For big functions

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Had an amazing weekend recently at The Feathers. The food was delicious, the rooms comfortable and the atmosphere as always was warm and welcoming. It was just the tonic for catching up with friends. The team really do it well, time and time again.Thank you for a great weekend and we will be back!!!!

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Visited a few weeks ago. Sunday lunch was very nice. Plenty of choice and tasty. Staff were all helpful and polite. Will call again. Diolch