“Lunch”

Ranked #17 of 1 581 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Some of the best BBQ we’ve ever had
We tried almost everything
Very casual, good people, good food

Write a ReviewReviews (3 577)

190 - 194 of 3 578 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Central BBQ was the first place I tried in Memphis for BBQ. I wish we had come back rather than trying some of the other places we went to. I had the ribs and they were half wet half dry rub and both were very good "fall off the bone" ribs. I can't even remember my sides but I ate everything that came on the plate. a friend got the jerk wings which were HUGE. probably the best wing I've ever eaten. a LOT of spice on the wings but they tasted really good. sweet at first and then hotness hits you a few bites in. I don't like hot but it was not too much to handle. decent amount of parking though we did get there a little earlier than the normal dinner push. there was security in the parking lot which was reassuring. I would highly recommend coming here for just about any outing. the food came out quickly too.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Good food but pricey, nothing to brag home about. The parking was hard to get. Liked BB Kings better.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We came here bc some friends had told us if we have passed thru to stop by. They were right as the food was good, we had pulled pork, bbq ribs , onion rings and Mac and cheese, HOWEVER the building and service was a lot less than expected. The place is very small and we had to not only bus our own table but wipe the table and the seats down. I am not sure how it really passes health inspections and use the restrooms at your own risk. So call ahead and get it to go and take it to a park and enjoy the scenery.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Came here with family on a visit to Memphis & was blown away by firstly the amount & secondly the quality of the food
Would highly recommend coming here for authentic BBQ

Been to Central BBQ? Share your experiences!