“Awful😩”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been in Memphis 24 yrs
I’ve only eaten here twice due to their hours

I went today expecting a delicious meal

The Hash Browns were black!!!
Not just the edges, huge chucks of rock hard, over cooking
I sent them back
The 2nd serving was cooked perfectly

I ordered eggs over medium
One of them still had running egg white all inside
The other was edible but undercooked as well

I sent them back but told the sweet waitress that I didn’t want another one cooked because I was already done with my meal

She apologized twice
I told her twice that it wasn’t her fault

She brought my check, which only charged me for my glass of tea
I appreciated that

The woman at the register asked how my meal was
I told her I had to send two things back to the kitchen
I got 0 acknowledgement from her
Really?
No it wasn’t her fault either but she was the hostess!!!!

I won’t recommend it nor will I be returning to that restaurant

If they’d had a comment card on the counter I definitely would have voiced my opinion to the manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good food. Very good service. Sat down to a blue and white checked vinyl tablecloth. Would have rated as excellent but there was some sort of smell that was a bit unpleasant. Hopefully it was just an anomaly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall, we were all disappointed in the Blue Plate. Mostly our issue was how very bland the food was (all three dishes we had). Service was good, and prices were reasonable, its just that the food was sub-par.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

On entering there was a musty smell but on being seated no issues with smells or anything.
Good service and very good food.
HOWEVER the restrooms were disgusting. We would not have eaten here if we’d tried to use the facilities prior to eating.
If a place can have restrooms like that then what does it say about the levels of hygiene ? Absolutely appalling.
Would not return because of this.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We had breakfast here last Sunday and oh my goodness!! I had the "regular" eggs Benedict with hash browns. Server asked if I wanted my eggs more runny or more solid. Loved that! They came out perfectly cooked and the assemblage was just delicious! Hash browns were flavorful and hearty. The biscuits were in the oven so came out last. Oh my! Never had any like this before and am afraid no others will measure up going forward! Outside was just right crunchy and inside was a melty cloud of yumminess! I thought the gravy was just ok...dont drown these lovely biscuits in gravy...just a little butter and jelly made for a wonderful breakfast! This will be our new tradition when visiting Memphis for sure!

Been to Blue Plate Cafe? Share your experiences!