“If you like spicy, go”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: At Gus's we're all about the food! Gus's restaurants are low-key with a southern flare where you will hear soulful classics emitting from the jukebox. Many people call Gus's a "blues-infused southern eatery." At Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken we focus on the chicken! We begin by using quality chicken which is treated to our special preparation techniques before being marinated in our proprietary batter. Once it's properly fried to a crisp golden-brown, we serve it up with a plate full of southern inspired sides and a cold beer or sweet tea. The result? Customers line up at our door before we're even open!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first time having fried green tomatoes and I loved them - delicious. I am a spice wimp so the chicken although very juicy was too hot for me. The Mac and cheese was nothing special. Now, the chocolate chess pie was incredible!!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (3 560)

41 - 45 of 3 560 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went hear on our Feb trip to memphis
Fried chicken, fries, coleslaw, beans & Mac cheese, would rate this 100 out of 10 the best food I had while in memphis you can not go to memphis without visiting this place

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Best fried chicken I have ever had. The thighs I got were juicy with a nice crispy, slightly spicy crust. Great sides,service and price. Expect a wait but it's worth it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We've come to the conclusion there's no where else to eat fried chicken in Memphis. This is simply the best tasting and best deals comparing to other fried chicken establishments in Memphis. We're ALWAYS FULL AND SATISFIED after eating Gus's!

1  Thank QualityReporter
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Best darn chicken meal I have ever had. Got the 2 piece white meal with coleslaw and mac & cheese. The chicken had just the right amount of heat. The coleslaw was creamy and delicious. The mac & cheese was amazing. Service was fabulous. GO!

1  Thank sidney14