“21st birthday meal”

Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Stranraer
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family run Hotel & Bar, Catering for Romantic Meals for two to Sunday Carvery's and Family Gatherings.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect venue for my daughters 21st birthday meal with her family and friends. Hammy and Aileen kindly organised a set menu to suit everyone. Sent in order. Meals served perfectly by polite and well presented staff. Food....amazing. Plenty of vegetables, chips and potatoes and more if we needed. NOTHING was a problem at all. Thank you all so much for making a special night perfect ❤️

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Couldn’t be bothered cooking for myself, as had been rushing around all day with things. Had a meeting in the early evening so I choose to pop into the Craignelder. The place has been under going a refurb and looks the better for it.

Being one of those who likes good old fish n’ chips with mushy peas variety when I choose to be.
I was glad to see both Haddock and Cod on the menu. Cod being my personal favourite. It came with a light crispy panko breadcrumb coating, plenty of chips, mushy peas. I wasn’t expecting the refreshing little bowl of salad nor the additional warm vegetables.

The staff were most accommodating, and attentive. Nothing wasn’t to much trouble. Be it a solo visit, with family or friends the menu was certainly varied for all. Cost pretty average, and that is all could be described as average.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic staff.... so welcoming. Food is amazing and our room looks out over the Lough Ryan. Can't recommend this place enough

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Have had quite a few meals in here, however, it is the first time I have had the fish and chips. Definitely not disappointed. It was lovely. The batter was one of the the most light ,crunchy golden batters I have tasted and not one spot of greasiness. The same goes for the chips. The meringue was absolutely gorgeous. Fresh strawberries in a lovely syrup with two meringues sandwiched together with fresh cream and finished off with strawberries on top. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here with friends. Decor is quite bland and impersonal but food and staff are delightful. I had the seafood pancake and it was delicious. We would definitely eat here again.