“Superb experience!”

Argyll Voyageur Canoes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 1 August 2016

If you only do one thing in the Loch Lomond area this is it! Voyageur Canoes. Only 20 minutes from Loch Lomond. Life jackets and paddles provided.

We were 9 adults, family members. Some of us went last year in October and when I knew the English relatives were visiting it was an easy choice to go canoeing with Ian, the informative and knowledgeable guide. Big thank you to Joni for organising us and confirming the day before, much appreciated. We were delighted to meet her, the children and new puppy on the day.

I didn't think we could top last years excursion, but we did. Seals and porpoises! Amazing! Weather was mostly superb. Stupidly forgot my iPad for pictures so only have a couple taken from the car park after the outing. Will definitely do this again hopefully before the end of the year.

1  Thank Alex M

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

We were two families who were lucky with the weather. We all had a great day out with Iain. From spotting seals to collecting firework to cook marshmallows on, this is what families should be doing together, I can't recommend it enough.

1  Thank Jo W
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Had a great trip out with Ian our intrepid giide and my boys aged 12 and 7 to go and see the seals.

Ian very knowledgeable about the local area and very good with the kids also. Our trip overran due to our reduced paddle power but nobody had any complaints and we never felt rushed.

Camp skills on the beach for my eldest and my youngest enjoyed the marshmallows. Would recommend for anyone.

1  Thank philipmeldridge
Reviewed 24 June 2016

This was the best part of our week in Loch Goil. You really get to see the Loch up close and appreciate the tranquillity of the place. Ian was an excellent guide, and made us feel right at home. Seeing the seal colony on the way home was a real bonus.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Duncan_Doughnuts
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2016

This is one of the best things my sister and I did in Scotland. The location Loch Goil is absolutely stunning and not touristy at all so you feel like you have discovered a hidden gem. Canoeing was a great way to see the loch as you have a 360 degree view of the beautiful surrounds. The tour guide Ian is a born storyteller with a great sense of humor. He was so good with the kids on the canoe. We had great weather on the day and were lucky enough to see alot of seals suprisingly close up and in their natural habitat. I recommend this canoe trip as a must!

Date of experience: June 2016