Reviews (1 312)
1 312 results
All reviews stuffed animals rob roy haunted room stuffed bear live music great atmosphere main bar haggis pit stop great night pub grub loch lomond steak pie bite to eat roaring fire saturday night an overnight stay
72 - 77 of 1 312 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Blue skies and a good appetite made for an enjoyable visit to the Drover’s Inn. We got our first go at haggis (flavorful!) and steak and kidney pie along with fish and chips all tasted very good. A year old place, glad we went and would eat there again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffery C
UniqueDroversInn, Public Relations Manager at The Drovers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thanks so much for such a great review! I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit to the Drovers. Please come back and visit us again,
Kind regards
Yvonne

Reviewed 26 June 2018

4th stop on the WHW.
Rather tired and numb after 15 miles over rocks and roots.
A treat to arrive at this rough country inn with a pub. It is down to earth, inviting to begin conversations with other travelers. Friendly and helpful staff.
Stayed one night across the road in a very basic but clean double. It looked very new.
Dinner was ok but breakfast a bit on the poor side. Yes, you can order an english breakfast, but being a “pit stop” along WHW there should be fresh fruit and vegetables.
Finaly I must say, I enjoyed the Droovers Inn for the people and the atmosphere it has.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the Drovers.

I will pass on your suggestions about breakfast so we can improve this in the future

Please come back and visit us again,
Kind regards
Yvonne

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stayed here one night as a pit stop driving up to Skye. We were glad it was only for one night as we found this a scruffy hotel, ideal for walkers only. I thought that it might be quaint staying at such an old coaching inn, but the decor is beaten up, the bar rough & ready, the bedrooms requiring a refit. Breakfast was basic. This night cost £100. It was not worth it; we had much better B&Bs throughout our journey around Scotland for less.

If you are planning to stay for two days or more, then best find somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I can only apologise that your visit didn't meet expectations. We have been working on a number of brand new rooms for those guests who prefer something a bit more modern and are in the process of renovating the shared bathrooms and public bathrooms.
We take all feedback on board and aim to improve in the future so all our guests to have a great experience when visiting The Drovers Inn. Please give us a try in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I was not staying here but called late in the evening in for a meal. Food was of a reasonable standard but nothing great. The bar was full of drunks and there was no room to move. Quite frankly, I don't know why this place remains open.as it never appears to be very clean.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Margaret P

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Just visited this place this evening after a visit to the area, what can I say other than absolutely awful. From entering the staff didn't want to know, you find a table yourself and then you have to order food yourself at a bar where people are queuing to order drinks (the mind boggles). After finally submitting the food order I went back to the table and suprisngly the food arrived out 5 mins later much to my distaste (literally) reheated chicken goujons (should really say nuggets) totally tasteless and not even sure it was real chicken, my boyfriend had the hunters chicken and as well as being tasteless he said he needed a steak knife to cut through it. So, due to still being hungry we ordered a dessert of white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake - totally tasteless all I could taste was the raspberry sauce poured over top. Most annoying thing is h have already payed when you order your food so not much can really be done when you get your food and aren't impressed. Left the place angry and hungry. Needless to say I will never ever be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple