Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Reviews (1 754)
1 754 results
All reviews loch view cobbler itison deal bed and breakfast great value for money course meal saturday night bit dated plenty of hot water stunning views food was lovely a lovely stay entertainment dogs portions james glasgow
Selected filters
19 - 24 of 1 754 reviews
Reviewed 28 September 2021

This was a really disappointing experience. It's sad, because the hotel's location is great, with extensive views over Loch Long.

I, however, was stuck in a tiny room at the back of the building, with views of the dumpsters and relentless traffic noise from the A83.

Dinner was ok. I didn't hang around for breakfast, and got on my way.

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking the loch
Date of stay: August 2021
2  Thank Margaret F
Reviewed 28 September 2021 via mobile

Stayed overnight en route elsewhere. Cannot fault this hotel and room I was allocated. First floor single room with outstanding views of Loch Long and Arrochar Alps. Room was spotless. Staff & Check in smooth and efficient. Didn’t eat here so cannot comment but bar area appears light and open . Enjoyed a circular walk around Arrochar early morning, very pleasant. Will stay again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of our tour of some of the Lochs. We booked the suite (room 112) which has lovely views of Loch Long thanks to the hotels commanding position by the Loch.
Plenty of free parking and an efficient welcome from Reception.
Our suite had a few issues which the management team sorted quickly, and so I'm sure won't be a problem for other guests.

Breakfast is buffet style, but the large bowls of cereals and tinned fruit are a free for all, while hot food is efficiently served to you. I think the cereal/fruit part needs a rethink due to covid/general food hygiene, but overall a reasonable tasty breakfast to start the day.

Every team member we encountered was either warm and friendly or professional. A credit to the Hotel.
The problem here is the hotel is tired/tiring, and if not kept on top of, will only have coach tours to rely on as bookings. A bit of re thinking to the layout of the suite (which to me seemed all crammed into the bay window area rendering it unusable rather than switching round and maximise the views as a TV sitting/coffee area), a bit more art work to give some Highland style.

A makeover of their key rooms could easily put their ratings and reviews up from independent travellers who, when booking a suite or exec room expect that little bit more.
With a bit of investment, time and effort, The Arrochar could easily deliver a wonderful stay ensuring repeat bookings...

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank blackies11
Reviewed 20 September 2021

Stayed here and dined for one night as part of a road trip. Hotel is in a lovely location opposite Loch Long and a good base to explore the area and Loch Lomond is an easy walk away (about 1 mile). Free parking for guests is provided on a first come first served basis right outside.

Room was spacious with a comfy bed and a good sized bathroom with shower and bath tub (fittings a bit dated but totally adequate).

We dined in the hotel restaurant and were really impressed by the quality of the food from the rather small menu. We enjoyed Baked Camembert and Chicken Liver Pate followed by Roast Chicken stuffed with Haggis and a Four Cheese Ravioli. The portions were extremely generous leaving no room for anything else.

Breakfast was exceptionally good with a cold buffet plus a huge hot selection served to you by the chef.

Please ignore any of the poor reviews on this site. This place really is extremely good!!!

The only negative was the check-in experience handled by a rather officious male staff member who made us feel that we were an inconvenience to him rather than welcomed guests.

Room tip: Room 112 was a suite, with fabulous views, and not too expensive.
2  Thank SimonsReviews1967
Reviewed 19 September 2021 via mobile

Mixed feelings about my stay here. I was very busy the week I stayed at the hotel so it was more of a base for the evenings rather than somewhere I would spend the day relaxing. Staff were friendly and my room had a gorgeous view of Loch Long, however that's the only redeeming quality of the room really. The shower was falling apart and the room was in desperate need of cosmetic help as it was very outdated. It looked as though it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in a while either as simple things like coffee drip marks on the furniture hadn't been cleaned off from previous guests. Things like clean bedding and towels were provided though. Another issue which concerned me a bit was the door lock. In order to lock the door if you were going out you had to open it, lock it from the inside of the room and then shut it. This was only figured out after a lot of frustration and eventually speaking to reception. It seems like this is something which shouldn't even be an issue as I've since read reviews where they have had the same problem. Food was average, I ate breakfast there twice and in the evening once. Bar service was quick but food was a little over priced. A useful feature was a contact form for people who were planning on walking, with information about your expected return time and next of kin info. I'm not entirely sure how this works as I had given the form in one day before a day of walking but not told anyone I was back, so it could be made a bit clearer how they use the information. WiFi in the bedroom was extremely unreliable. It was usually OK finding a parking spot. It was OK staying here because I was out a lot but if I was here as a couple or someone who wanted to stay more local and would be at the hotel more then I would be very disappointed.

Date of stay: June 2021