Hotels.com
Travelocity
eDreams
Orbitz.com
All reviews ferry terminal scallops single room stayed here for one night following morning harris hotel bar menu island harbour soap isle scotland distillery
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2021

I enjoyed my stay here I had a single room which was very comfortable , fantastic shower. Reception staff helpful , the food was excellent both evening meal and breakfast. I had a good nights sleep . Probably the best hotel I stayed in whist in the Outer Hebrides.

1  Thank BluePete
Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

Booked last minute on Euro Cup Final night - direct through the hotel, assisted by Jane on Reception. Proper single room, which seems rare nowadays, with above-standard facilities (shower flow was amazing). Unfortunately my appetite was not up to the full dinner menu, but the steak ciabatta was tender and very tasty; the Cranachan dessert creamy and delicious. The hotel proudly promotes local produce and businesses. Breakfast menu offers more variety than the standard hotel fare also. Very happy with my stay and would definitely stay again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2021

I stayed here because of a vehicle issue whilst campervanning. The staff were very welcoming despite that I had to arrive late. I had friendly service at the bar, and my budget single room felt like it could have been twice the amount of money. Very cozy and warm, very clean and I loved the organic and natural soap in the shower. The fact that a full breakfast was included in the price was incredible. I’m only sorry I couldn’t stay more than one night. Highly recommend this place! I will be back.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2021

Two night stay at Hotel Hebrides with breakfast and dinner both nights.

Staff were friendly, helpful and very accommodating. We were too tired to dine in the restaurant one evening and the helping hotel receptionist kindly organised room service which was greatly appreciated.

The breakfasts and dinners were delicious and good portion sizes. They even offered to provide a packed breakfast when we left early which was a lovely gesture!

We'd booked a family room (travelled as a couple) to give us extra space to unpack luggage and the size of the room for us was ideal. They use wonderfully smelling local toiletries including hand soap, shampoo and conditioner which is a nice touch. Free parking opposite the hotel entrance was a great plus too.

Only two points of feedback: electronic door to open the room was unreliable and difficult to use but i know they are having this upgraded!
Secondly, we stayed during a period of unusually warm weather; the bedrooms do not have climate control and were unbelievably stuffy which meant we needed to sleep with all windows open. Because the hotel serves as a pub for locals and tourists alike, it meant our Saturday night was spent listening to screaming, swarking drunk people directly below our room. The hotel did provide ear plugs which helped and I cannot fault them for this noise because i am sure the pub is a great source of income. A solution could be to provide fans at least, in each room to help with air circulation so guests can keep the noise out when trying to sleep.

In summary, I would recommend this hotel and will absolutely visit again in the future! thank you.

Reviewed 6 July 2021

Smart, modern hotel right on the harbour, whose view from bedrooms and restaurant is sadly currently ruined by massive harbour reconstruction works (check if they’re finished or don’t book a harbour-view room) Plenty of free parking in public carpark right opposite hotel. Nicely furnished bedroom, if on the small side and good bathroom. No lift and reception is first floor with bedrooms above, so travel light! Good breakfast, efficiently served by friendly staff.

Room tip: Avoid harbour view rooms overlooking building works
Date of stay: June 2021