All reviews two nights hot water his wife next morning great view campsite camping campers hook pitches views skye bay
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Having read a few of the reviews I thought I would give the campsite ago, I wish I hadn’t the owner was extremely unhelpful, rude and heard him swearing a few of the people staying at the site.

Go else where or wild camp as you will find much nicer views than you would have got here.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Please do not believe the photo on their website, it must be at least a couple of decades old - so many buildings actually around!

Thankfully we only stayed here one night. The chap upon arrival was cheery and polite. But no mention of where the facilities were for Motorhomes etc.

The facilities need updating & cleaning. Also there was a lack of hot water.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank olibot
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here with her 2 kids for 2 days - the place was clean, well organized and the owners were pleasant and helpful (they even enjoyed my friends accordian playing!)- yes it was very wet and muddy but it had been raining none stop for days so couldn't be helped. Only downside was the rudeness of the lady at the local shop and the staff at the local pub.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Arrived at the campsite tired after a 8 hr drive at 20:00 on spec. had a quick look at the grass noticed at bottom was under 1" of water I asked the owner if there was electric up at the top as it was to wet at the bottom of site. His reply was it has only p****d down for 6 hrs today why don't you go back to England. I was so flabbergasted that we left without a reply to his brutal comments. I have made a complaint to the police. I recommend that all bar this site as without us it is only a field it is all he deserves with his gutter language. I go to Scotland 4 times a year in all weathers.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank PMcDonaldStirling
Reviewed 5 September 2017

As much as Uig is a beautiful area it is not worth the way this man treats people. So unfriendly, unwelcoming, and frankly miserable! Had no time for us and simply replied 'no' to all of our questions.

Spend your money elsewhere - or even better - wild camp! There are loads of spots on Skye to wild camp that are very safe and many have fantastic views.

Without customers, all this man would have is a patch of land and he would do well to remember that.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple