TripAdvisor
All reviewsisle of skyevenisonlovely hotelfairy glenmusselsowners and staffhotel restaurantnew ownersbreakfast and dinneramazing foodenjoyed our stayboth nightsred deerfamily roomthe main hotelstaff were lovelyouter hebrides
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I absolutely loved staying at the Uig Hotel. Our room was comfortable and had an amazing view overlooking the folly and the water but what really made the hotel great was the staff. The bartender and front desk clerks were both amazingly helpful and went the extra mile to help us enjoy our time in the area to the fullest. Loved it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was yet another stop on mine and my mama bears European vaca. We really wanted to stay in Isle of Skye to see the Fairy Pools. UIG reminds me a little more of an small/intimate bed and breakfast. We stayed in the main hotel (I’m pretty sure they have a separate building out back with more rooms). The rooms are very basic and on the smaller side. It didn’t really bother us much as we were there to go out and about. The bathroom was very cold and that didn’t change while we were there. The food in the restaurant/bar was incredible! By far the best of restaurant food that we had while on our trip! The chef was also very accommodating. I asked if I could blend two dishes and it was done without question!!! I would recommend reservations as soon as you check in maybe even before for the restaurant and bar. A lot of locals go there to eat especially on the weekends and they’re usually full. We didn’t get to eat till way late one of the nights we were there because we didn’t know to make reservations. They had a good wine selection also. We enjoyed it!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can't say enough great things about Uig Hotel. The location is amazing. The view of the bay is stunning. The breakfast is so delicious. The bar/dinner is so warm and inviting. The beds are comfy. And the place is quiet. We were given great advice on things to do. One of my favorite things was how close to the Fairy Glen we were. We literally drove there in two minutes. We went later in the day and had the whole place to ourselves.

It is also very conveniently located to take a drive up the coast to Kilt Rock, Old Man of Storr, and anywhere else along the way. Portree is super close too. It is the perfect location to make your base for exploring the Isle of Skye.

I HIGHLY recommend staying here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped by here for Sunday lunch while on a wee visit to Uig. The weather was awful, and we pretty much spent all afternoon here. We were served a lovely roast beef dinner in the bar by friendly attentive staff. The food was lovely. there was even some live traditional entertainment on during the afternoon which we thoroughly enjoyed. Would love to come back for a return visit, and maybe stay over in the hotel next time. Very friendly place.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our stay at the Uig Hotel was perfect- the hosts and staff were amazing, as was our room. We ate in the reataurant and found the meals to be excellent- we ordered a packed luck on our day of departure which was very yummy and very convenient. The views from the hotel were gorgeous and perfect for the sunset. We tried out some restaurants recommended by the hosts on the remainder of our trip around Scotland and found these to be spot on.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends