“a quiet little haven in a heavenly setting !”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Skye Croft

Skye Croft with unspoilt views over Loch Snizort and beyond to the Minch and the mountains of Harris
Inside your Skye Croft The cosy bedroom area, complete with alarm clock (should you need one) and MP3 attachment so you can
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Inside your Skye Croft
Modern kitchen area with everything you should need if eating in
Dining with a view of the garden and shorefront
A clean contemporary bathroom complete with underfloor heating
Snuggle up by the log burner in our cosy livingroom
Private parking and entrance to your holiday croft
A great little getaway
Stunning nature
Grill Kota BBQ Hut at Skye Croft
Seals and cormorants enjoying some summer sunshine
A Heron feeding on the shorefront
Even stormy clouds bring photo opportunities
Make sure your camera batteries are ready for stunning sunsets at the croft
Red skies at sunset
Kilt Rock and the Mealt Falls
Portree only a short drive away
The Old Man of Storr
Uig Harbour with ferry links to the outer isles
Gail - your holiday accommodation owner
Guest photo on the waterfront at Skye Croft
Guest photo of sunset skies from Skye Croft
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Zaza83500
Toulon
“a quiet little haven in a heavenly setting !”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

I have just come back to the stifling heat and continuous noise and pollution of
the French Riviera which is my home place, and I must confess that the three
wonderfully peaceful weeks which I spent at Skye Croft from 2 August to 24 August have been a real balm to my heart and soul!
Such a cosy place in such a gorgeous location, with all the care taken by Gail to welcome me as a friend have touched me so much that I will keep all the memories of my stay among my most cherished ones.
I already miss my sheep, my seals, my blackbirds,herons and rabbits, the
quiet winding lane leading up to the little cottage standing proudly among the
blooming heather at the very end of the peninsula, the lovely neighbours so
A very great thank you Gail for the happiness you brought me and for letting
me think that Man hasn't yet destroyed what Mother Nature has given us.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the calm and peace
Liked least: the weather, at times!!!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
Dilstu
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Amazing sunsets, breathtaking scenery and a lovely croft - a little piece of heaven!”
Reviewed 16 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

We stayed the first week of June. The croft had a real WOW factor. It was light, bright and airy and had a very comfortable bed. Everything was provided even down to a welcoming bottle of wine. Skye itself certainly deserves the "4th Most Beautiful Island in the World" rating given by National Geograhic.The Viking name for Skye is "Land of Clouds" - every morning the high peaks seemed to float on the clouds - amazing! This holiday scored an all round 10 out of 10 and, as an added bonus, the weather was superb - I even got to top up my tan!!!!!!

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Robin S
Taunton, United Kingdom
“A fabulous stay in a wonderful croft”
Reviewed 27 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

My wife and I had always wanted to visit the Isle of Skye but for some reason never managed to get round to it before now.

After some considerable research I discovered the Skye Croft which seemed perfect for a week's stay, was close to Portree but far enough away for it to be private and "away from it all" I have to say that we were not disappointed. The croft turned out to be all we had expected and more.

The day we arrived it was cold, wet and very windy (which lasted most of the week unfortunately) but as soon as we opened the door we felt we were at home. The croft was so cosy and welcoming.

Gail has done a remarkable job in making optimum use of the space without any part of the croft seeming in any way crowded. The living room is spacious and the seating is extremely comfortable. The kitchen is well laid out with everything you need for your stay, the bathroom is beautifully appointed and the shower lovely and hot and the bed is really really comfortable. Given the weather we experienced on some days it became a real effort to get out of bed!! There is even a wood burner in the lounge area although as the croft was always so warm and cosy we did not need to use this during our stay, despite the weather.

The view through the patio doors is ever changing and a brief walk from the croft takes you to the loch's edge and after a slightly longer stroll to the point from which a family of seals can be spotted on a regular basis. Unfortunately despite many attempts we did not spot an otter during our stay although one of the neighbours mentioned that one had been at the loch side only a few days earlier.

We travelled up from the South in a motorhome and found there was adequate space adjacent to the croft to park. Rather than drive the motorhome around the island all week (many of the roads are single track with passing places only) we decided to hire a small car for our stay and Gail's suggestion of Jan's Car Hire in Portree was a good one.

I think by the end of the week we had just about mastered how to get a regular flow of hot water in the kitchen and some hanging space for some of our clothes would have been useful. However these are very minor points on what was overall a very comfortable, peaceful and enjoyable stay in a most idyllic spot and I cannot recommend the croft too highly. Go soon and enjoy.

WiFi would have been useful and mobile reception was a bit patchy at times. For wifi The Royal Hotel and the Aros Centre both in Portree were good.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The croft was just so welcoming upon arrival. The table setting which you see as soon as you step through the door is a masterstroke and sets the scene for everything that follows
Liked least: Getting hot water in the kitchen was a bit
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
People with disabilities Older travelers
Linda B
Gold Canyon, Arizona
“Peaceful beauty; I hated leaving!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

My sister, Ruby, and I stayed at Skye Croft for a week in April. It was the most perfect place to stay and provided us with a relaxing, restful vacation. We were greeted by daffodils then found that inside the croft everything was clean and inviting; we wanted for nothing. The quiet beauty of the island, the ever-changing view, delightful neighbors and stunning touring opportunities all made me want to stay for much longer. We searched for seals, shooting stars and Northern Lights. We are looking for dates to return in order to experience Skye and this peaceful croft once more. Gail has thought of everything and the croft is well equipped, comfortable and cozy. She is a wonderful hostess.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The sunsets and ever changing water.
Liked least: I loved it all....maybe a bigger coffee pot would be good.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Ruby M
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“This place is AMAZING!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

My sister and I spent a week at SkyeCroft recently and had the most amazing experience. The croft is located on a peninsula that offers such privacy, tranquility and peace. It is beautifully decorated, exceptionally clean, and offers everything you need for your stay. There are even binoculars to catch sight of the wide variety of birds. Herons were nesting across the water so we kept an eye on them! We missed the seals but were told that the second day we were there, 23 were resting on the rocks that are located a short walk away. (We hadn't figured out the tide schedules, so we always missed low tide when they like to sun themselves!) There is a nice variety of books to read ranging from fiction to travel books covering the local areas as well as a variety of DVD's for viewing pleasure. I loved how Gail had posted helpful hints around on how to operate the equipment . Overall, life was so good for that week we were there. Hopefully, we will get a chance to go back SOON! Thanks, Gail, for sharing this piece of paradise with us. So many memories to hang on to until we can return. (Traveled from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The ease of booking, the location, the way the croft was decorated, the tranquillity, ...I loved everything about it!
Liked least: That time went by too quickly!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$108
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing