All reviews porridge sense of humour isle of skye haggis location is amazing delightful surprise wonderful room home away from home place to stay our entire trip made us feel at home awesome breakfast amazing hosts nice amenities great memories next morning great hospitality
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed with my family for two nights with Jana and Chris during our tour of the isle of Skye. They were extremely welcoming and courteous, and the room was clean and comfortable. For breakfast they had asked us what we wanted the day before, and then they cooked it in front of us the next day. The croissants were definitely the highlight for me!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Our family had a beautiful stay in Rainbow View for 2 nights during our visit to Skye. It is not far away from the main island, just across the Skye Bridge but significantly more atmospheric and less populated. The environment is gorgeous with the harbor right in front of the house and the sunset views are stunning. The room is super cozy and clean, and there were plenty of room for a family of three. But our stay would not have been this enjoyable without the wonderful hospitality of Jana and Chris. The breakfast which they cooked for us was very impressive. The local Kipper breakfast is our favorite. It was actually the best seafood meal we had in our entire trip. Thanks to Jana and Chris we had a wonderful time and we definitely would love to go back for more.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this B&B during our tour on the Isle of Skye. Jana and Chris were just so friendly, funny and welcoming. Their rooms were superb (and extremely clean) and their breakfast was even better!! In the morning there was everything we had asked for and even more.. They even cooked home made croissants for us!!
We definitely recommend this B&B!
Jana and Chris, Thank you for a wonderful stay!
See you very soon!

Federica, Michele, Gabriella and Marco

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2018

This is a clean & modern B&B, very conveniently located close to the Skye Bridge, overlooking the bay. Terrific breakfast: not à la carte, but Jana and Chris ask you a day in advance what you would like to eat and then they go out of their way to fit your taste ... and so I had the best smoked salmon ever ... turns out Chris had smoked it himself!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I am very late in posting this review but I think it is very telling that after almost a year I still have wonderful memories of Rainbow View and the friendly, amusing, down to earth hosts Jana and Chris. Jana's oatmeal (porridge in Scotland) was absolutely the best I have ever had! I am still trying to duplicate it here at home. And when my husband said he would like pancakes, Jana went out of her way to make sure he had them the next morning. Not only were the pancakes delicious, but the presentation was a work of art! And Chris made a wonderful haggis - just try it - it tastes like American Thanks Giving turkey stuffing - yummy!
The location is perfect for seeing the Isle of Skye. Jana told us what to see and what to avoid.
If we ever get the chance to see beautiful Scotland again, we would love to return to the Isle of Skye and stay at the Rainbow View.
(Note to Jana and Chris: Maybe we will see you in Bermuda sometime :) )

Room tip: Our room looked out on the water and the bridge in the distance.
Date of stay: August 2017