All reviews the owner isle of skye ferry terminal lounge bar venison both nights evening meal soup his team next morning large room fish chips the pub porridge armadale castle one night stay sleat peninsula
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed in Ardvasar village with a few stops at the hotel.
Hotel and staff were very friendly in a nice environment.
Enjoyed a very nice meal on our last night which was pleasing as the restaurant / lounge was full and the food appeared without delay and well cook.
Congratulations to the new management.
I would like to recommend this establishment to all visitors in Sleat.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 30 September 2017

Ally
Thank you for your review, it is always good to hear positive things. I have ensured my staff have seen this and have received a pat on the back from myself. Once again , Thank you.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Great welcome from Martin, conmfortable room, with all necessary facilities. Really good food, and interesting menu. Friendly staff who worked hard both nights I ate in the lounge bar.

I have seen comments about dated decor, small portions, wifi only working in certain parts of the hotel - the decor is fine, the portions quite adequate, and to my surprise, wifi worked fine! However, TV reception is ropey at best, but you don't really need TV when visiting such a beautiful part of Skye.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last night (11/09/17) with a group of clients, food was good, comfortable beds with fresh smelling bed lined, with clean rooms full Scottish breakfast was excellent just the right amount of food on the plate, the staff could'nt do enough to help out, the Australian lady and the gent from South Africa where really friendly and a good laugh.

Ideal location for the ferry as well

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2017

After a long day of travelling, we were very much looking forward to a shower and a relaxed dinner at the Ardvasar restaurant. We ordered the fresh calamari as a starter, which was great in taste but the portion was tiny!
My boyfriend ordered mussels, which was fine in taste but didn't come with enough bread. He asked for a few more slices, which we were surprised to see as an extra on our bill later.
My fish dish tasted fresh and nice. I had to order chips with it at an extra charge, and I still wasn't full.

The Skye beer, the small bottles, were a staggering 5.50 GBP each, though that may not be due to what the restaurant chooses to charge.

We left slightly hungry, yet 60 GBP lighter...

I have to say the waitress, who I believe was perhaps French, was very nice and attentive.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 23 September 2017

Thank you for your review.
We receive our seafood fresh from the sea outside our bedroom windows almost daily, which shows in the taste. We strive to ensure we deliver good food and all criticism is welcomed and taken into consideration when planning future menus and changes.
The Skye beer you are referring to is slightly more expensive than the others in the Skye range as it is a Premium Ale with 7% abv.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I called here for lunch on Saturday 19 August 2017. It is a short walk from he ferry terminal. The warmth of the hospitality is palpable. The bar is very comfortable and I enjoyed fresh haddock and chips for lunch. The restrooms round the back are of a high standard. This is a very relaxing hotel to visit and (presumably) stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo