Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$225
Hotels.com
eDreams
Expedia.comUS$225
Orbitz.comUS$225
TravelocityUS$225
All reviews no lift overlooking the harbour breakfast was included first floor street parking comfortable bed two nights lovely room stayed one night family room room was large warm welcome lewis and harris porridge hs1 castle extractor
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2020

Great views of Lewis castle and the harbour. Comfortable rooms although there is no lift .there is however parking at the back which means you arrive on the first floor so not more that 20 steps up to the second floor.
The restaurant has a very pleasant atmosphere , friendly service and most importantly! Delicious food. local scallops, fish ,langoustines but also delicious steak and meat

1  Thank lesleyk634
Reviewed 18 August 2020 via mobile

Stayed for two nights on a Hebridean walking holiday, lovely room overlooking the castle and marina, room bright and clean, food excellent and covid19 restrictions controlled very well, felt safe, staff very well trained and friendly.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2020 via mobile

My wife and I were fortunate enough to to be the first guests welcomed to the hotel when the lockdown lifted on the 15th July. We were there for 10 nights and had an excellent experience. The hotels Covid-19 protocol was excellent, the staff nervous but well practiced and always friendly and attentive. The food was very good for dinner and breakfast and I was very impressed with their willingness to prepare special requirements when asked. Overall a very big thanks to all concerned.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2020

We visit Stornoway every year and this is the first time that we have stayed at the Royal. We had booked the large double room facing the harbour, which was lovely with many windows. The room was clean (except that they forgot to service it on one of the days). The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in.

the staff are all lovely and were clued up on the safety precautions for Covid 19 with all the staff wearing masks and clearly using sanitisers throughout the day.

The breakfasts were freshly cooked and delicious.

We are already booked to stay here again next year

2  Thank Lainey3739
Reviewed 3 March 2020 via mobile

I was booked the Royal Hotel through work as they generally try and book us rooms around the £100 a night mark. I had looked at hotels on the Island before my visit and as it was the most expensive and rated second best I thought I was in for a treat! This unfortunately was not the case!

There was plenty of parking across the road from the hotel. I stayed in a twin room that was FREEZING when I arrived! Had to plug in the electric heater to warm the room up. The Shower Room was definitely not 4* standard - it was tiny and not very well kept. Being 6’3” I could barely stand up in the shower, my head was touching the ceiling!

In general the hotel was very dated and was in definite need of a make-over!

The saving grace were the staff and the bar / restaurant. Very good service and a tasty and reasonable dinner.

Wouldn’t stay here again, but would probably return for the food!

Date of stay: February 2020