Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2019

Stayed in a pod for a night in October and it was absolutely wonderful. We were really amazed by the pod which exceeded our expectations, beautifully equipped and very modern and warm! The hostel is lovely and full of character, and being so isolated really helps you to appreciate the natural beauty of the area. Host Ruth was very helpful with room information and directions, and her dog came to greet us on arrival! We'd love to come back again in the future

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 6 October 2019

We stayed in one of Ruth’s Pods for 3 nights. Pod 3. There are amazing views from the Pod, kettle, tea, coffee, hairdryer all provided. The under floor heating is great so the pod is super toasty even when blowing a gale outside. The power shower in the pod en-suite is nothing short of amazing, very difficult to get out! Make sure you walk down to the little beach at the bottom of the stream next to the hostel. The star gazing is incredible so bring something to wrap up warm and a dram of whiskey to do some spotting of the Milky Way. A little piece of paradise away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Couldn’t recommend it more.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2019 via mobile

I booked here because my brother and I were climbing a couple of hills in the area. And boy what a fantastic find. We were met by Catherine but I had been in touch Ruth before hand.The walk in was hilarious with my brother using the supplied wheelbarrow at the top of the path and as we made our way down (5mins)it soon became clear that we were in for a treat. The pod was warm, clean, the shower, was hot and powerful. Tea, coffee and kettle all good to go. The hostel itself had everything inside. We cannot wait to come back.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2019

Prior to my arrival, I had lots of questions about midgets plus the area and whether or not it would be too quite for 4 days. Ruth couldn't have been more patient and helpful in replying. So I had a good feeling before I arrived. And, I wasn't disappointed. The hostel was tastefully decorated and in a beautiful, peaceful off the beaten track location. There were good long walks along a nice beach and interesting coastline just a few minutes from the hostel. The cooking facilities were very good and the shop 2 to 3 miles up the road was really well equipped with interesting (not run of the mill) food. In the event of wet days or wanting to chill put, there was a huge selection of games and puzzles to occupy oneself. I stayed 2 nights at the hostel and would have stayed at least one more if transport opportunities hadn't been so restricted. It was a great spot to recharge and it's highly likely that I will be back in the next couple of years.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 2 August 2019 via mobile

Stayed here two nights. It’s way out of the way on a single track road so be patient getting here! Amazing scenery. We stayed in one of the pods. Modern and comfortable but it was hot and I think they are not used to this problem so no ventilation in the pod. My only criticism. The shared kitchen is functional. Great hiking around and no big deal to jump in your car and off you go. Isolated so be sure to bring food.

Date of stay: July 2019