All reviews haggis adventures pub quiz self catering kitchen quiz night bed dorm stayed here great bar private room adventure tour loch ness chicken stuffed with haggis breakfast and dinner two nights laundry service home cooked common areas boiled eggs
Reviewed 30 August 2016

I rpetty much think I liked everything about the hostel - the location, the room, the facilities and the staff. The evening program at the hostel bar was a great idea, so was the hostel's own beer AWESOMENESS.
If you plan to stay in Fort Augustus, Morag's Lodge should definitely be considered as a hot option.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Claire C, Manager at Morag's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

We are very happy to read that your enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and love that you think we're "cool"! Great to know you also enjoyed AwesomeNess!

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Rooms were adequate for the 10 people in our group. we only shared one room for one nite anyway. Great Value breakfast available paid in advance. Check in process could have been a faster and more efficient. But we did arrive at the same time as another bus. Only negative thing for my group was that one of us is mildly disabled and our rooms were on the 3rd floor. A lift or ground floor option would have been good.

Room tip: Definitely ground floor for aged or disabled guests and the 3rd floor which were good sized rooms. although packed with 5 beds in each
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

We are sorry we did not know in advance that you required a ground floor room as we could have arranged this for you no problem. Unfortunatley a lift is not a viable option within the building. Our team pride themselves on being as efficient and friendly as possible when checking in guests. We do get large groups checking in which is why we make it known that the bar is open for anyone that wants to relax with a drink whilst they wait. All we can do is thank you for your patience. We are happy to hear you found our breakfast good value.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

The location is perfect, quiet place and close to everywhere (bus, shops, restaurants,etc). The bedroom was clean as the rest of the building. You can use the kitchen and there´s always coffee and milk free. The staff is young and friendly. There was parties at night in the bar but I couldn´t hear anything from the bedroom. For the price is more than I expected. If I come back to the area I will choose this place again!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Claire C, Manager at Morag's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Thanks for your kind review - we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 25 August 2016

I had a fantastic stay here! I was travelling alone and I found a great place to know new people. The bar of the hostel has a very friendly enviroment where is very easy to enjoy with friends as well as the fantastis staff.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

It's great to hear you found new friends whilst staying with us - we aim to provide Highland Hospitality at it's best!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Booked the last bed the night before and told I will have to share a bunk room....no problems I've been doing that since my army days. Arrived and checked in on wet day. Went to my dorm and found I was sharing with three young ladies, one from France, one from America and one from Holland.... and me an old badger of seventy! Phew they were as suprised as me but being a gentlemen I gave them space and went to the kitchen. Cooked steaks for myself , a young Indian chap and two Aussies. Following dinner the bar was opened and thirty odd youngsters from all parts of the globe got down to the business of drinking the bar dry. . Fun night with a compere, jokes, a quiz and a damn good crowd. Haven't had so much fun since I don't know when. And for all you Aussies out there...remember 'Garn' & 'Smee!'

Room tip: Anywhere you can get a bed
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Claire C, Manager at Morag's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Thank-you for your kind review - you are the epitome of what we are aiming to achieve - an overnight experience that appeals to all! We are glad you had a blast with us!