“Feeding 3 Adults”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Good menu to choose from and very quick service. We went for mushroom chow mein, chicken chow mein, bbq spare ribs in sauce and salt and pepper chips. All 3 of us, and the dog, enjoyed the food. We only use this take away when we're up in Embo on holiday but have never had a bad meal. If you are staying at Grannies Heiland Hame use Alex's as your main source of food when eating out.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Was on holiday in Dornoch and enjoyed an awesome takeaway from here. Would recommend this takeaway to everyone

Reviewed 24 September 2018

The locals that I talked to said it was decent food so we tried it and it was - have had way worse. We wanted something easy and were tired of the pubs. The Singapore noodles were not like I expected but were at least tasty - the dry ribs appetizer portion were good as was the lemon chicken. The fried rice was pretty bland but it came free with the chicken. I reasonable change of pace.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Not what you would expect! Call themselves a Chinese Takeaway but the food is dreadfull, the chicken is slimey, not breast even when breast is requested, the curry sauce is from a packet as mine still had the remeninse of powder! Taste of the food is bland, this takeaway knows that it can get away with the substandard food as they are the only takeaway in the area! They really don’t care as they know the majority of their custom is holiday makers. Join a sicial media group from the area and Ask the locals what they think and you will soon find out they don’t buy from there! Sorry to be so blunt but this takeaway has been getting away with substandard food for years. Time to look further afield, I’m sure anywhere else would be better that this place called Alex Chinese Takeaway. Ps, whatever you do dont complain as they are not interested!

2  Thank higginstommy
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We bought a meal for the family evening meal whilst on holiday based on the reviews from other customers.

On getting it home I was really quite disappointed with the quality of the meal. The egg fried rice was dry and stodgey, the chowmein noodles were the same, as if they had been kept in an oven to keep them hot.

The crispy chilli beef wasn't crispy at all, just chewy strips of beef in a thick chilli sauce.

Sad to say but I think I would have got better quality for the £43 it cost me.