“Refused food by the kitchen mafia at 19.00 or was I too English.....”
Review of Lorimers

Lorimers
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Bishopton
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

After previously having a nice meal here, I thought I would spend my last night working nearby at Lorimers.

I took a place at a table near the bar ready to enjoy the England v Belgium game and a nice meal. I asked whether it was ok to eat in the bar and was told yes and given a menu.

After my 2nd beer I tried to order food at 19.00 was told I couldn’t have anything as the kitchen was refusing to serve anyone else. Not once did any staff tell me this, whilst I spent 30 mins clearly looking at the menu, it was pretty obvious I had come for a meal.

After I explained I was I no rush and would happily wait an hour or 2 as I was watching the football, I was told no again as the kitchen staff rule the restaurant (so the bar staff told me) or was it because I was English...... The restaurant wasn’t as busy as the week before so baffled really.

Sort out the morons who run the kitchen Lorimers and thanks for ruining my last night North of the Border, never again to this place. Go next door and have pizza.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a late lunch, bar was extremely busy as gala day event was being held out the back, however we were shown to our seats very quickly. Food was fresh and delicious, we all had the Cajun chicken and kids choose goujons and fish. Staff lovely and very attentive despite all the goings on elsewhere.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in here on Saturday for a meal. Booking a table in advance knowing that the European cup final was on.

Staff were excellent very attentive and despite the place being jam packed always had a smile. Menu and drinks came straight away. Order was taken and food was brought out very quickly.

We just had a starter feast. Chicken and vegetable pakora. Chilli nachos, chips and a macaroni. All of this was fab! Chicken was very tender done in an amazing batter. Then sweets! Amazing. Lemon posset is heavenly served in a small mason jar with shortbread, my daughter had the banana toffee tart again an excellent choice.

Staff are friendly and very efficient. Food is amazing. Will be back.

1  Thank Claire C
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Lunch with sister & mum. All optedfor the monkfish. There was plenty of it and presentation excellent. Only one thing could have done with somr chilli or bit of a kick. Waited on by the lovely Scott & Jordan. Thanks!

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Lunch visit as moving to the area.
pted for the chicken and chorizo pasta which was full of flavour.
Chicken wings were the same although prefer crispy skin and the lashings of sauce made them difficult and messy to eat.
Definitely be back thoigh!