Free cancellation until 26/07
US$98
US$95
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$104
Braidhaugh Holiday Park(Crieff)(Great Value!)
US$37
Pitchup.com
Reviews (4 249)
4 249 results
1 996
1 207
1 996
1 207
All reviewsmeikle restaurantvictorian spawinter gardenkids clubself cateringchild carefamily hotelsoft playquad bikingexecutive roomoutdoor activitiesfamily breakbunk bedscrazy golfbouncy castlethe main hotelparty night
150 - 155 of 4 249 reviews
Reviewed 18 March 2018

My husband and I were booked in to the Crieff Hydro for a special 60th treat from our 3 daughters. It was a booking for bed & breakfast but my daughters upgraded this to include dinner and Prosecco on arrival in the room.

We travelled up from Fife, which was an hour and a half, to find we had a delay till 2.30 for admittance to our room. Even though website stated that it was a 2.00 entry to our room.

We had a look round the hotel and it seemed very impressive downstairs in the eating areas, bars reception etc. We sat in the Meikle Bar till our keys were available to enter our room.

Then everything turned BAD. (Room 144)
The smell from the room was awful. It smelt like it wasn't clean.
Then when we walked round the room the carpets were badly stained. There were marks/stains up the walls.
The net curtains were absolutely filthy. The view was of the Atrium adjoining the hotel. There was grime all over the top of it. Not the nicest view I have to say.
There was a thick layer of dust in the wardrobe that a clean pillow was lying along.
I was so shocked to be allocated this room. I could have cried. In fact I did at one point.

My husband asked at the desk to get another room and where our bottle of Prosecco was that should have been in the room for our arrival?

They said our reservation did not include in our upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Dinner and a bottle of Prosecco in the room also?

I subsequently went to see the Duty Manager (Zoe) myself. She was adamant that our booking had not been upgraded, but I knew that it had as my daughter who had booked it had the confirmation from the hotel that was sent out to her on 21st January, 2018.

I was extremely upset at the condition of the room and was not prepared to sleep in it. She could not offer me another room as she said the hotel was at full occupancy.
She asked if we could come out of the room and she would have it refreshed for us! Hello- We have been in the room all of 15 minutes. How can you clean dirty carpets and stains up the walls in a short period of time?
Bearing in mind we were only there from the late 2.30 admission until 11.00am checkout. The last thing I wanted to be doing was waiting on cleaning staff doing what should have been done in the first place.

Zoe offered us a complimentary bottle of Prosecco and a small box of chocolates by way of an apology, as, as far as she was concerned there was nothing else that she could do for us. "Zoe - we have already paid for a bottle of Prosecco, which should be in our room".

I was very upset to say the least. This was a special gift from my family for me to go to Crieff Hydro with my husband as I am recovering from a road traffic accident and because it was a special birthday.

I informed Zoe that I would not be staying in that room and wanted a full refund for the booking. She said she could not do that for us. I would have to speak to customer service regarding that.

I returned to my room, upset & embarrassed at trying to explain what my booking consisted of (because she said we did not have an upgrade on our booking) I was wasting my time as I wasn't getting anywhere with the Management.

We took the hour and a half journey back home.. a Total waste of travel and time.
And thee biggest disappointment.

I have been in contact with Crieff admin by e-mail. I am still awaiting a reply regarding refund from the last e-mail from them on Thursday. They have said they have to speak to the Duty Manager who was on that particular disaster of a day.

I have noticed on trip advisor that there are people in previous reviews complaining about the exact same things,
Bookings not being right or missing specific upgrades/reservations etc. Rooms being dirty and not presentable for the clients. (Housekeeping should be looked at)

The sad thing is that and overnight does not even consist of 24 hours - so to be standing trying to get a decent, clean room and all the things you have booked is unacceptable. It is precious time which you want to be doing all the things you came to the hotel for.

Im looking for a full refund and an apology from someone who thinks it DOES matter that your experience was awful instead of memorable.

Room Tip: make sure you GET an upgrade if you have booked it.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank CarolannMccrae
Crieff_Hydr0, Guest Relations Manager at Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thanks for your feedback CarolannMccrae. I understand that you have received a full refund. As the Customer Service team don't work at weekends your email wasn't read until Monday by the team - sorry of this was an inconvenience.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Hi
Stayed at hydro for 1 night present from children for my birthday
Was a good stay
Place very clean staff are lovely.
The room was nice we had an end room so lovely views
The bathroom was huge with shower and free standing bath
The room was a good standard and very clean
The only thing that we would say its in need a bit of tlc the paper was coming away from.wall such a shame to comment on this as lovely place
We loved our stay and will be back 100%.
We order a take away from the indian,as our favouritefood
It was from gurkhas it was lovely great curries
Our stay was lovely and will return soo

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lilylou5914

Many thank for your comments Lilylou5914, the team are very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. So sorry that some areas fell short and the team have taken these comments on board. We hope we can welcome you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I am so disappointed to write such a negative review of my most recent visit to Crieff Hydro. Until now, I have had nothing but positive things to say about my visits.

I paid a £10 per room supplement to guarantee our party rooms together (there were many of us visiting for a special celebration). Our rooms were not together and during check in we were not told this was the case. The hotel took our £10 and gave us rooms. I had to ask for my £10 per room supplement back as we did not get what we paid for. I also paid to upgrade the rooms and all but mine were executive rooms as paid for. My family room was small, the decor was drab, the bed covers had blood on them, there were dirty socks under one of the beds and the room was incredibly dusty. Also, the "little extras" we paid for in the upgrade were not included. No newspaper delivered in the morning and standard tea and coffee in the room (included in the upgrade and as an alternative brand).

I called reception during the stay to highlight my concerns and they couldn't have been any less interested. No offer to move rooms (at least until ours was cleaned) and I was told the newspaper had to be requested upon check in... I wasn't told this. The delivered alternative tea and coffee to my room 6 hours after I called. They arrived at 9.30pm to my family room, awakening children in the process to deliver tea bags!

I raised my concerns again on check out and was told by a really disinterested staff member they would let housekeeping know!

Service from all staff on this occasion was poor. An extremely different experice for me to any other time I've visited Crieff Hydro. I am very sad and disspointed this is the case.

I have emailed since my return home to highlight my concerns and ask for the £10 per room to be returned as we did not get what we paid for (their reason was that the hotel was busy). I was missold an upgraded room, I most certainly did not get what I paid for. I've been offered 10% off my next booking. When family rooms cost £200 a night during summer months, this is a small token for the extremely poor experience we had.

Unfortunately, we won't hurry back. I'm sorry to say you have lost an extremely enthusiastic and loyal customer!

9  Thank hampter

So sorry to learn that this stay wasn't the type of break you've been used to with us hampter. As a regular visitor we can only hope that you remember all the positive things about your visits, have a change of heart and decide to return to make the use of your offer. Sorry again, for the inconvenience caused and we hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Before I even arrived I had been impressed by the quick response to a note I had put about having no steps to bedroom. Secondly when o asked about the kids club I received a call back the same day and they were all switched on and great customer service.

I have been astounded at how well the hotel is setup for families, come rain or shine there is something to do for your 3 year old, teenager to adult all with the help of friendly service minded staff. Tick tick tick for every box so far.

1  Thank daveBangkok

Thanks so much for sharing your comments with us daveBangkok, we're delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable visit and received the best of Hydro service. With the 'lovely' Scottish weather being as it is in Spring we always like hearing everyone has plenty to keep them occupied. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Me my mum and my daughter came for dinner bed and breakfast for mothers day, we had a family room which was lovely,the only issue we had was that the tv didn't work,and the guy who came to check it, told us it had been broken since the weekend before.Our meal was lovely, had a great nights sleep and a lovely breakfast followed by an amazing facial in the spa.I will defo be back, it's a lovely place with lots of activities, would stay 2 nights next time to do more

1  Thank Carolyn R

Many thanks for your feedback Carolyn R, great to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us. So sorry about the trouble with your television - the team are looking in to this. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.