All reviews itison deal sea view jacuzzi bath on arrival an upgrade lovely hotel function suite front facing wedding venue an overnight stay walk in shower food was lovely from start to finish lovely view well worth a visit enjoyable stay firth of clyde
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Had an overnight here on Friday with dinner and breakfast, could not fault this place staff really friendly and helpful ,food was excellent, drinks prices fair very clean and modern and would go back for a longer break next time .my wife wants to go back also she said the staff at breakfast are the friendliest people so helpful and nothing to much bother for them

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BHHRSL, General Manager at Brisbane House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Stephen M,
Thank you so much for your incredible review, I am so delighted you had such a wonderful stay. I will certainly pass your comments on to the team, I am sure it will serve as encouragement to keep delivering an outstanding service. I do hope its not too long before we get the chance to welcome you back again, it would be our pleasure.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed an overnight stay here with 3 course evening meal using an Itison deal.
First class from check in to departure this morning. Very friendly and helpful staff in all depts. - a special mention for Pauline who was very kind and efficient.
We had a front facing room on 1st floor which was both comfortable and spacious.
Both dinner and breakfast were delicious with good choice of menus.
A real treat - only disappointment was the rain - but it is November!!
We would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to friends and family.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank 637MaryM
BHHGuestRelations, General Manager at Brisbane House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Dear Mary M,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay. I will certainly pass your feedback onto the team and especially Pauline. I wish we could have brought the sunshine out for you, I am glad that it didn't stop you having such a lovely visit. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.
Jennifer

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Delicious Scotch rolls for breakfast. But disappointed by the scented tea. Not to this customer's taste. Told it wasn't Earl Grey and there was no alternative. Funny. I got a pot of Tetleys the morning before during a slight staffing hitch.
The room's hot water supply was close to boiling so perhaps the thermostat on the tank had been maladjusted.
As always in Scotland the friendliness of the staff outweighed any other misfortune.

Room tip: The single rooms at the back are smallish but dont suffer from the noise of the frequent weddings.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Tom S,
Thank you for your review, I am so pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. I take on board each of your comments, I am sorry the tea you had on your second day was not to your taste, we do have a few different breakfast tea's in stock and will need to implement some staff training in regard to the different types of tea. I will have our engineer out to have a look at the boiler temperature, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will pass on your lovely comments on to our team, we are very proud of our unique Scottish hospitality.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Had a fantastic lunch here with my family! The location was beautiful, service was excellent and the food was great! I would definitely visit again and recommend this restaurant to others. 5 stars from me!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BHHGuestRelations, General Manager at Brisbane House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear EilidhR14,
Thank you for your wonderful review, I am delighted you enjoyed your lunch, good food and family are what Sundays are all about.
I hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited today and enjoyed a very nice two course meal each. Soup was lovely also the blade of beef was fabulous. Very reasonable prices also . This is our second visit and we will be returning.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BHHGuestRelations, General Manager at Brisbane House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Claire c,
Thank you for your amazing review, it is a lovely compliment to all of the team when their efforts are appreciated, especially from a returning guest. I hope its not too long before your next visit. Thank you once again.