“My favorite restaurant”
Review of The Chefs Eye

The Chefs Eye
Ranked #9 of 50 Restaurants in Largs
Price range: US$25 - US$126
Description: Largs has its own chain of restaurants, pubs and seaside hotel establishments; I wanted a little something different! Something personal… A relaxed, intimate, private dining environment where you are not just a number: where the food is cooked to order, with one waitress in the front and one chef in the kitchen, and no rushing! To have a unique wine list to accompany the dishes. I am the only venue in town offering a group of 15 people or more who are ordering from our 3 course set menu private dining: we won’t let anyone else in! The fire behind The Chefs Eye is the passion in the eyes and in the cooking. The attention to detail and good, honest cooking! Food was always a hobby for me before I became a chef. As a child I always used to wander into my Aunt’s home kitchen in Loughborough, where you couldn’t leave without eating! Always a delightful variety of spices and herbs in that kitchen and garden Just good, fresh, quality cooked food! And that’s what we try to achieve here.
Reviewed 4 November 2018

My husband took me to The Chefs Eye for my birthday. We had a lovely relaxing evening with amazing food and friendly helpful staff.( I have already book for another night out. )

Date of visit: October 2018
TheChefsEye, Owner at The Chefs Eye, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing us and we are delighted you had a fantastic experience. We do aim to provide the best experience possible and we hope to see you again soon, thank you again - Faisal, Shona and Nick

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Yet again a warm welcome served up with some great home cooked dishes that you will find hard to better in Largs, reasonably priced, and presented by the lovely Shona at front of house. We will definitely keep coming back, if you've not tried the chefs eye yet, get yourself along and try them out, very cosy with a great ambience, and your not rushed as they don't turn tables so it's yours all evening.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 28 October 2018

Had a friend visiting and we had business to discuss. Needed somewhere to eat and i remembered the Chef's Eye. Always meant to try it. I was surprised and lucky i could get a table at short notice.

The restaurant is small but it isnt cramped. Good spacing between the tables. It's warm and comfortably furnished.

The welcome is really warm too. Faisal runs the kitchen and Shona is front of house and often it is just the two of them. It reminded me of the neighbourhood bistro's that you often find abroad. The table is yours for the night. They dont do sittings.

The menu changes regularly and is fixed price but they can make changes and cope with requests, and make this clear to you.

£24.95 for three courses is a bargain. The food is excellent. All three courses for two of us were great, plus they chuck in a wee appetiser. For us it was muligatawny with rice and peas, and it was one of many highlights. The others being the Goats Cheese salad, Beef Keema and the Chicken sizzler.

I could have had any of the desserts but the chefs trio allows you to taste three of them. Brilliant stuff.

All in we paid £100 but that was for three brilliant and very generous courses each, two bottles of excellent Rioja (dont tell anyone!) and a fairly decent tip.

I really hope the people of Largs and North Ayrshire get behind this place. They seem determined to pay high prices for sometimes quite mediocre food elsewhere. At the Chefs Eye it will always be Shona and Faisal who are there so you know it will always be good.

Given that my other half was left at home with something out the fridge and is now jealous, i'm already planning our next trip back.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Everything about this little restaurant is amazing. The food is phenomenal and the staff are just so lovely. Will definitely be back! X

Reviewed 24 October 2018

Lovely tasty food, recommend the chicken wings!!
Great restaurant for a relaxed meal with excellent service and friendly hospitality.