“Real potential”

Castle Park Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Gifford
Reviewed 17 September 2016

4 of us played today. All very impressed and we have played all the top area courses aside from Muirfield. Nice chat with owner at outset, great pace of play and a very well set out course. This is well worth a visit and good value. If they keep up the investment and development program then this could be a very special course. Well done, good condition, albeit greens patchy. Nice place with great views too.

4  Thank David B

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I played Castle park a few times when it was nine holes and then a few times when it was 18.
I was disappointed to hear it could be closing.
When i heard it was staying as a Golf course and been run by a couple Craig and Pam, i decided to play it again in August .
The new clubhouse is well on its way to getting completed and other construction work ongoing and looking great.
We arrived early one morning to be welcomed by Craig who was relaxed and couldn't have made our morning any better.
He took time out to tell us what was happening at Castle Park and what there aim was in the next few years.
We met Pam who again couldn't have been any nicer and she began to tell us her plans.
We played 18 holes and the course was in good condition and really enjoyed the round.
Craig and Pam did mention the greens had a little moss which they were working on but nothing that upset our round.
We then played a week later,the greens and the course were even better that week.
Pam is making a great effort to get the course in top shape and i don't think it will be too long before its one of the best.
The variation of the front 9 and the back 9 makes this course a bit special.
The surroundings are superb and the course is just a joy to play and i look forward to playing again in September.

I wish Craig and Pam all the very best.

Alan I

3  Thank alanirvine62
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Really awful greens. Worst I've played on. Fairways okay but tees are spongy. Lots of better courses in East Lothian. Wouldn't play here again. Waste of time and money.

2  Thank lockharton
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Played castle park golf course today. Some really lovely holes especially the back nine. Greens were very slow for this time of year and a number of bunkers were GUR. You can see there is a load of work going on with the course and club house. Enjoyed my day. Very pleasant and friendly staff

3  Thank Doug M
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Heard about the new owners and their fight to keep Castle Park as a golf course and not a cow pasture or wheat field- so I went to play on Tuesday 12th July via a deal on the teeofftimes site, and it was grand. Great knick, stunning views and scenery, deer frolicking and I even had a few pars. Back nine includes a climb or three, but that meant I'd earned my pint , which was a local craft lager that was superb. New owners Craig, Pam and family are doing a great job. The new facilities are excellent, with a gym and sauna planned also. Membership rates are amazing too at £420 per annum; beat that in East Lothian/ Edinburgh area!

I very well may be joining if the missus agrees. Definitely will be back over the school holidays - us teachers need to relax.

G. Weston