“Lovely”
other travellers have booked this property
Open plan living/kitchen/dining Kitchen/dining
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Kitchen/dining
Twin room
Master bedroom with ensuite
Ensuite shower off master bedroom
Fully equipped modern kitchen
Family bathroom
Family bathroom showing full size bath and shower
Hallway
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
CARRIE L
“Lovely”
Reviewed 28 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Very comfortable and centrally located. stair access only, so if you have trouble physically that would be good to know. Enjoyed ourselves especially at night having a whole courtyard to ourselves.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
1 Oct 2015
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the experience: your guests liked it so much they came back to stay again this week for the whole week before returning home to the States! They've embraced Comber! Doing today's Farmers Market, exploring all the eateries (and some of the bars too!). They've made lots of friends and we are pleased that they and you have had such a good time with us. Maybe we'll see you all again? Best wishes, David.
Allan W
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“A Great Find - Real Home from Home”
Reviewed 4 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We received a very warm, friendly and informative welcome from David, nothing would have been too much trouble. The apartment exceeded expectations, it was very clean, light and had all the home comforts needed for a great holiday. The beds were very comfy, bedding and towels of very good quality and constant hot water. We loved the cafe across the courtyard, great for breakfast, lunch or just tea and cake. There are several more cafes and bars very close by along with a local butchers and supermarkets. Although double yellow lines are immediately outside the apartment we found free parking extremely close by was not a problem at any time of day. We only stayed two nights but felt very relaxed and at home and would have loved to stay longer to explore more of this beautiful area. A great find.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very helpful attitude of the owner, made life much easier.
Liked least: We were very happy with everything, nothing to dislike.
Travelling group: Other
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
5 Aug 2015
Thank you Allan for taking the time to write this very generous review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we will see you back again soon to do a little more exploring: there is also an excellent Michelin awarded "Bibe Gourmande" restaurant (excellent quality and value for money) called The Old Schoolhouse that is less than 5 minutes from us that you must try! I'm going tonight to one of their Wine and Tasting Menu Evenings! Not too much planned for tomorrow morning as a result!!! Best wishes, David
Patrick09...
Cheshire
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 31 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Marvellous location;every facility needed;great host;excellent base for touring North Down;A real home from home;very restful.

Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
2 Jun 2015
Thank you so much for your great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you get the opportunity to have a more relaxed visit the next time you come! Many thanks again, David
Karen P
Preston, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing start”
Reviewed 25 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I was advised by David that he was unable to be there when we arrived but he had made arrangements for Sam to be there with a key. Our flight was delayed from Liverpool by 50 minutes and so I informed Sam by text when we left Belfast City Airport, I also text Sam when we were 5 minutes away. We arrived at Comber Courtyard just before 6 pm, it was cold and dark and no one was there with the key. I rang Sam and got voicemail I rang David and got voicemail. My children were getting annoyed. David eventually contacted me and told me to ring Julie (he should have done this) again no reply. Sam turned up at 7pm and said he knew nothing about our arrival and he would have to try and find a key, we were speechless. Sam eventually came back with a key turned the heating on and was about to depart with the key. I had to ask him questions about the heating and wifi I was advised by David that he was unable to be there when we arrived but he had made arrangements for Sam to be there with a key. Our flight was delayed from Liverpool by 50 minutes and so I informed Sam by text when we left Belfast City Airport, I also text I was advised by David that he was unable to be there when we arrived but he had made arrangements for Sam to be there with a key. Our flight was delayed from Liverpool by 50 minutes and so I informed Sam by text when we left Belfast City Airport, I also text Sam when we were 5 minutes away. We arrived at Comber Courtyard just before 6 pm, it was cold and dark and no one was there with the key. I rang Sam and got voicemail I rang David and got voicemail. My children were getting annoyed. David eventually contacted me and told me to ring Julie (he should have done this) again no reply. Sam turned up at 7pm and said he knew nothing about our arrival and he would have to try and find a key, we were speechless. Sam eventually came back with a key turned the heating on and was about to depart with the key. I had to ask him questions about the heating and wifi and suggested he might leave the key with us.

Now the good bits. There was a nice restaurant across the road so we decided that was the first job before we unpacked and explored the apartment. Food and wine was very comforting after a stressful start to our weekend. We went back to the apartment and found the facilities excellent. Hot water bottles were waiting to be filled, shower was brilliant (big fluffy towels) and the double bed was extremely comfortable. There was everything in the apartment that you would have in your home. Dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer (milk in the fridge) TV’s, and much much more. Wifi apparently, was shared with the other people in the courtyard so it was very patchy. I did worry about how much gas and electric we would have but it lasted us the weekend.
Sam had not given us any information about what to do with the key when we left as there wasn't a letter box to pop it through.

We had a great weekend touring around the local area and also sightseeing in Belfast, open top bus is highly recommended but you need to wrap up at this time of the year. I love the Irish people they are so helpful and friendly.

I would stay at Comber Court again and also recommend anyone to stay here. David I would have given you 5 stars but we were very disappointed about the misunderstanding between you and Sam as I am sure you were. Hope to meet you in the future for that coffee you promised.

7 Apr 2015
Oh dear. Not our finest hour. My apologies once again that the arrangements set up for your arrival didnt gel properly. Probably not helped by the flight delay. I'm glad and somewhat amazed actually, that you were able to contact me in deepest darkest South Africa where I was on a game drive at the time!!! This helped in that I was then able to chase Sam to properly receive you. The good and bad of technology! I'm sorry also for the confusion about the gas and electric meters: I do provide free units on arrival and you only have to top up if necessary dependent upon usage. I understand that these credits were sufficient for your stay. I'm so glad that the rest of your stay was good and you enjoyed the Apartment. My apologies once again that my plans for your arrival didnt work properly, this is the first time I have had such a problem and I hope that the corrective measures I have taken will prevent any chance of a re occurrence. I hope I'm forgiven and I hope you will give us a chance to properly look after you again. The offer of a coffee and one of their scrummy almond scones still stands at The Goose in the Courtyard on your next visit! Best wishes and thanks for your consideration, David.
014AR
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment - great value for money!”
Reviewed 22 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We had a great weekend staying in this apartment. The apartment is very spacious, homely and stylishly decorated. It was very comfortable and the facilities are really good. It's in a nice setting too- next door to a lovely Cafe. We received a very warm welcome on arrival and really appreciated the hospitality of the owner. This apartment is excellent value for money and would definitely recommend it.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hospitality of the owner on arrival - hot water bottles already in our beds!! Also very pleasantly surprised by how nice the apartment was for price paid.
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: Friends
24 Feb 2015
Thank you for your very kind review. I'm glad you got the opportunity to visit and enjoy the Goose Cafe across the Courtyard from the Apartment: their breakfasts are really good! Did you get a chance to use the Courtyard Salon downstairs? Their hot stone massage and nail bar get great reports! I hope you may get a chance to come back because there is so much more to see here. Thanks again, best wishes, David.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing