“Awesome experience”
other travellers have booked this property
TOURISM N.I. 4 STAR CERTIFIED
B&B Ballymena Triple/Family Room - available as separate self contained unit or as B&B
Check Availability
Patio
Entrance Hall
Garden
Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge - near The Giant's Causeway
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Toni B
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 18 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Heather and George are beautiful. The garden is outstanding and the room really comfortable and... Like home! Better than an five star hotel. The breakfast awesome. I want to go back! :)

18 Nov 2016
Ah Toni - Thank you so much for your wonderful & very generous review. The only problem is that people will come searching for this grand place & will find only us!
We would love to see you guys again - we enjoyed your company :)
Heather
Stefan E
“Home away from home!”
Reviewed 1 November 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We stayed with George and Heather on a weekend in July. The accommodations were impeccably clean and extremely comfortable. They thought of absolutely everything to make our stay very pleasant. The breakfast was delicious, and their company was delightful. Thanks again for a wonderful weekend!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
6 Nov 2016
Hello Stefan & Kim
Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review!
We remember that weekend with pleasure - didn't we have great chats?
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Ballymena
George & Heather
peteandje...
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hosts”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Heather and George were very friendly, welcoming and could not do enough for us. The accomodation was very clean and spacious, the bed was comfortable and clean towels regularly provided. Heather always ensured that there was milk in the fridge and supplied us with cake daily. The addition of having a microwave in the room was a benefit as we were able to cook if we decided to stay in. George was an excellent tourist guide and was able to tell us the best areas to visit, enabling us to enjoy the lovely countryside and cliff walks. We would highly recommend this B & B to our friends and family and would not hesitate to stay there again should we return to Ireland.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The welcome and friendliness of the hosts
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Aug 2016
Pete & Jenny - many thanks for taking the time to post such a wonderful review! We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us and also your first visit to Northern Ireland.
We look forward to welcoming you back here another time!
George & Heather x
bda_terri
Warwick Parish, Bermuda
“Loved this place and the hosts!”
Reviewed 17 January 2016 for a stay in August 2015

I had a great stay at Pinegrove! Heather and George were lovely hosts and more than accommodating, and I enjoyed chatting with them over a delicious breakfast, or evening glass of wine. I was in the country for a wedding in the area, and managed to secure the room only after another guest had to cancel. I was glad they did! George was so sweet in providing me lifts to meet up with the wedding party during my stay. It was certainly appreciated! Heather offered an amazing array of breakfast items, and I enjoyed every bite. And her cookies.. the best!!! I fully enjoyed finding edible goodies in my room when I would return to the property in the evenings. Heather had all the amenities and toiletries on hand that one would need during their stay. The back garden was also beautiful and peaceful, and had a sweet reading nook overlooking it. If I come again, I will make time to enjoy that nook. Due to having no personal transportation during my stay, I was also thrilled when George offered to take me for a tour of the Causeway Coast and patiently waited while I explored the Giant's Causeway, the Dark Hedges, Ballintoy Harbour, the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, Portstewart... just to name a few! I would absolutely recommend a stay at Pinegrove.

PS. I also had a great meal at the nearby pub, which is a short walk away.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The hosts and the cookies :-)
Liked least: We got a flat tire on the way to the airport - but it was a funny adventure even still!
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
19 Jan 2016
Hello Terrilyn - what a marvellous review you left us on Flipkey! Thank you so, so much.
I will respond to you privately by email
Heather xx
copatek
Ajdovscina, Slovenia
“Sleeping like a princess, having breakfast like a king”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Me and my friend were on our way from the north (Carrick-a-Rede, Tor Head) heading to Belfast and wanted to find a hostel around. We were not successful and it was getting late (9 p.m.), so in spite of being on a budget, decided to go to B&B for a change. It was a great decision, the owners Heather and George were wonderful hosts, very friendly, funny and caring. The appartement is situated in a peaceful street with a garden around. We were offered a two-room appartement with a bathroom, very nicely decorated, one single and one double bed that were very comfortable. The appartement had everything you needed: microwave, hair dryer, water heater, towels, wi-fi, tv, dvd-player ... They offered us tea and cookies (because we missed time for a glass of wine) in the evening and in the morning a rich breakfast, that was really tasty, colourful, home-made. It's good to make a reservation, because they can prepare everything, even food for people with allergies and so. We on the other hand just knocked on the door in the evening but still had a great stay there. The owners were very interested about where we come from, and also gave us a lot of tips for what to see and do in Belfast (together with a map and booklet of events) and around. To conclude, you can have a wonderful time and relax at Pinegrove Lodge.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing