Knowe Na Mara(Ballygally)
  • Beachfront
Lynden Heights(Ballygally)
Reviews (1 597)
1 597 results
All reviewsghost roomhastings grouptower roomantrim coastgame of thronesafternoon teairish seagarden suitewedding partyporridgeresident ghostoverlooking the seahastings hotelslocal producewedding receptionthe general managergarden restaurant
82 - 87 of 1 597 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed at this hotel as our niece had her wedding day here, the service was excellent and a very well organised day. I would highly recommend this to any couple getting married. The room was very comfortable and the food was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ScottWeatherup, Manager at Ballygally Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Good Morning avicegreen,

Thank you so much for the lovely review, we really appreciate it.

I am so glad to read you found our food & staff excellent.

We hope to see you return in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I went for a night away, had never been before and was very pleasantly surprised. My partner had booked a deluxe room but didn’t realise this was in the old castle part of the hotel. Our room was called Glenann which was just the nicest room, lovely large comfortable bed, beautiful decor, so quirky with the small windows and round feature in the corner of the room that is part of the castle. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was probably one of the nicest meals we have had. Had a few drinks sitting in the lobby which was nice, although there was a wedding on and a few kids running around.
The hotel has a beautiful setting, it has a really nice atmosphere and ideal for night or two away.
Would definitely recommend and we can’t wait to go back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
ScottWeatherup, Manager at Ballygally Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Fussyeater2112

Thank you so much for the wonderful review from your recent stay at Ballygally Castle.

I am delighted to read your found your room wonderful and recommend our hotel to others.

We hope to see you return in the near future, please do contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed over on a windy wintery Good Friday. Room was slightly small but an enormous bed and a fantastic bathroom.
Food and service great. We visited the ghost room in the tower.
There was a wedding in the hotel but we were not disturbed at all. Overall excellent

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ScottWeatherup, Manager at Ballygally Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear PatKate26,

Thank you for the lovely review from your stay on Friday past.

I am delighted to read you thought our food & service was great.

We hope to see you return to the hotel in the near future, please do contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Myself and my other half recently stayed at the Ballygally castle for 1 night. Such a warm welcome from the receptionist and Norman the general manager on arrival. We checked into the most amazing room ever room 119 a coastal room with the most amazing views of the sea. We also had dinner in the restaurant it 10/10 amazing!!! The sticky toffee pudding was to die for! Special mention to Stacey who served us and the next morning at breakfast she couldn't have done enough for us :) Many thanks to Scott & Norman and Kathryn also for the anniversary slate & Treats and card in are room was such a nice touch! Would highly recommend this hotel to all my friends and family!

Room Tip: Coastal rooms amazing views!!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Hell018,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review from your recent stay for your Anniversary with us.

I am delighted to read you would highly recommend our hotel to others.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hastings Ballygally Castle

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We booked to stay for one night. We had booked for the sunday carvery also. This is one of our favourite places for Sunday lunch. If we lived closer, we would go more often.

The lunch is priced at £27.00 per adult but worth every penny. There was such a big choice of starters and soups which you help yourself too. Depending on how hungry you are, you can eat as much as you desire.

The mains consists of a choice of four meats, with lovely mash, yorkshire puddings, vegetables, stuffing, cocktail sausages and gravy. Personally I love the honey baked gammon..its always so good.

Desserts..well where do I start..cheesecakes, apple sponge, profiteroles, trifle, pecan tart, pavlova, three selections of delicious ice creams, sweets pick and mix..all included..not to mention chocolate sauce and custard. If like me you have a sweet tooth you will be in this section for awhile. I enjoyed every bit of my lunch whilst sat with a glorious view of the waves.
Service is very friendly. All the staff are so nice and welcoming.

We checked into room 111. Such a beautiful room. I loved the wallpaper which was like countryside views.
The bed like all Hastings beds was fit for a king and queen. Enormous and so cosy. Brillant bathroom with lovely espa range. The room was spotless.

Breakfast next morning was excellent. I just had to treat myself to the porridge, cream, honey and whisky. Really really good..I would recommend you try it. Our ulster fry with freshly poached eggs, soda bread and potato bread was top class.

Love the muesli which is special to the Hastings group.

As always some staff deserve a special mention. Stacey the bar manager, Ashley in the bar and Ann who served us breakfast. Ladies I enjoyed talking to each of you and appreciated your excellent service.

I love going to Ballygally castle. The stroll along the front looking at the waves is a tonic in itself. Hopefully I will be back in a few months again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ScottWeatherup, Manager at Ballygally Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear shelly-ann,

Many thanks for taking the time to review us from your recent stay with us at Ballygally Castle,

I am delighted to read that you love our hotel and think our staff are friendly & welcoming.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.