All reviews the pub sat nav praline ice cream shoulder of lamb off the beaten track homemade cookies liver hidden away friendly locals dorset countryside local ingredients sea bass varied menu full english passing places country lanes children's play area
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived on a busy Sunday lunchtime for a pre booked 1230 sitting for 7 people.
The table was ready and spacious.
The staff were really hustling to get people in, seated, drinks, meal orders taken etc so there was no initial lack of effort from the front of house guys.
The drinks and meals arrived in good order and reasonable time.
This included a “special” gluten free request, which arrived with the other mains.
I ordered the Pheasant sausages which looked tasty but ( and this is a personal thing) were over powered by the herb seasoning so I couldn’t taste the meat itself.
Others meals were perfectly cooked and tasty.
Were it did go wrong for us was the delay in getting our deserts out to us. We may have been to blame as we did ask for slightly amended dishes. My feedback to the staff is that a quick feedback comment to update us on when the desserts were coming would have greatly lessened our concerns that the order had been overlooked.
I commend the lady at front of house who spotted that my wife’s sponge pudding was so hard that she didn’t eat 50% of it, and rushed out into the car park to give us a fiver back to knock off the price of the pudding.
Like I said “good points and bad points”.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Narrow roads with passing places to get to. Staff very friendly. Play garden for the children with outside Eating area. Can accommodate coelic diet at short notice. Food ok, but we booked at the same time as some big groups, so service was slow.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We came to the area for a friend's wedding and we decided to meet for a meal a night before the wedding. They had several types of gin including a local Dorset gin which was lovely, prices were very reasonable and I had probably the best Ham, Egg and Chips I've eaten. Local Dorset Ham, crispy thick chips, homemade piccalilli and fresh eggs! My husband had the veal burger which is was really tasty as well.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Where do i start...the food - what food, there was 5 chips and no cheese in my cheese sandwich more like a butter sandwich. The staff didn't know how to talk, they were so rude and they didn't know how to smlie. Never going here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Jemma B
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for my birthday meal and it was amazing - I was very impressed.
The food was great ! It's very cosy and in a very quiet area.
There is a fair amount of parking round the back and has a lovely garden.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple