“Hidden gem.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Dudley House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tone R
“Hidden gem.”
Reviewed 27 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Must admit I was a little underwhelmed when I saw the photo's from the original booking site(ours dont particularly do this property justice. Just a couple of quick snaps) but we'd had a fanily vote.
I lost.
We arrived.
I'd been in touch and the parking space was there, as described. My fears starting to realise. Yep. Above a pizza shop , "so everything will smell of pizza"(which the girls viewed as some sort of positive! >Xo/ )
Backing on to my least favourite bar in Devon. The inner Meldrew in me, still negged off from the M5 traffic/ car park ,was tutting at potential noise until all hours from there. "No sleep for me then."
We'd still little idea what the place was like inside. No or little clue what /if there was a kitchen/size/facilities. But it was "central" and that's what the family voted for. "Hope they're happy now" , I silently muttered. <:o(

Once in....
..... ....WOW!
SHUT ME UP.
WHAT WAS I WORRIED ABOUT?

First floor /living area , large family bathroom full bath(very useful after a day of being beaten up by the Atlantic and roasted by the sun) with shower over. Loads of space.
Utlity (with washer/dryer /freezer/iron & ironing board) leading via steps to balcony and airer. Fair sized, well equipped , good quality kitchen. (Again my pics don't do it justice but hope it reassures future visitors) Full height fridge, hob ,oven, microwave, dishwasher toaster, kettle.
I know all of these are listed on trip advisor but for some reason not on the site we booked from..I wasn't aware dudley house was on here..
Second floor two comfortable, tastefully decorated bedrooms ensuite (shower WC sink.) more storage than suitcases can fill.
A welcome note in the kitchen, same as other reviewers, complimentary pizza with a bottle of wine.
Please , Rest assured.
Like I was.
The house didn't smell of pizza.
The bar at the back wasn't noisy.
We heard a couple of loud voices late at night once but it was August Bank holiday weekend. We've stopped in alot noisier , cramped places in Woolacombe. That weren't a patch on this place.

A perfect location.

Could not have wished for better.
We're already planning a return to Dudley house soon....M5 willing.

Tone and Liz.

Nb. Steph was incredibly helpful before and after hols (I'd realised at the m5 services I'd left my wallet in the kitchen.Yep. What a berk. Flurry of texts and returned via courier within days)thank you again.

Perfect holiday.
Brilliant owners.

Thoroughly recommended.

Michele F
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning Apartment in fantastic location”
Reviewed 3 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

My mother and my two young children stayed at Dudley House for a week in July and from the very first moments we felt at home. It was spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated and Steph and Rohan had made the effort to leave lovely welcoming gifts for us. The towels and linen were of very high quality and we had everything we needed as a family.

The location was also fantastic. The beach was within 5 minutes of the house as were plenty of restaurants and shops.

I would be more than happy to stay at Dudley House the next I venture to Woolacombe.

Thanks again

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
371liv
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 16 July 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

So, looking for a quick escape/ holiday we ended up with this gem. Right in the centre of the village, free parking and a great pizza place just below we landed lucky.

Clean, fresh, spacious and tastefully done inside it had everything we could want. Waiting on arrival was a bottle of fizz plus a free takeaway that we could use during our stay (which was great by the way). The bathrooms and bedrooms were spotless, as was the kitchen. It is a great hub to go and explore the surrounding areas via car or on foot, plus knowing you have a beautiful apartment to return home too was the icing on the cake.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, equally due to the town, the sea, the food and the apartment itself. Well recommended.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
17 Jul 2015
Thank you so much for your review, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Dudley House and hope that you can come again!
Best wishes
Steph & Rohan
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing