Reviews (3 683)
1 641
1 080
1 641
1 080
All reviews mash and barrel south beach cafe burger king on site papa johns prestige caravan swimming pool entertainment complex fun stars the main complex sports bar firing range spar shop all ages crazy golf fish and chip shop aerial adventure
402 - 407 of 3 683 reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Ok, it’s a long one. visited with my partner, two children and my Nan. On booking the holiday I called to explain that my Nan was in a wheelchair and was it possible to have the accommodation as close to the facilities as possible... caravan was very close but up a very steep hill. We were happy with this and after checking in, on asking a passing staff member for directions to the caravan, he offered to help me push the wheelchair up the very steep hill. In fact he took over and pushed the wheelchair for me, not only up the hill but right to the caravan door. I didn’t think to get his name, but thank you to him, appreciated! On arrival to check in, we queued for an hour and 15 mins to get caravan keys. Not a brilliant start to a holiday and is the first of four reasons that this review gets 4 stars instead of 5. Caravan was good. Entertainment brilliant. Lots to do. All clean and tidy. Pool a little chilly. Kids enjoyed the prize bingo which we played the first 2/3 nights. The next night my son queued for bingo tickets and was told to come back in 5 mins as he was too early. 5 mins later he queued again and asked for 3 tickets. Was told could only have one and come back in 5 mins. By then he was fed up and didn’t want to go back by himself so I went with him. We queued for nearly 15 mins and the dj announced that there were limited tickets tonight and suggested everyone get in the queue now. There was still about 15 people in front of me and then they started turning people away 2 mins after the dj had announced for people to get in the queue. Why is he encouraging more people to get in the queue if there aren’t enough tickets to even serve the people already queueing? Disappointed kids and us having to sit bored for half an hour listening to other people play bingo. You have to get to the clubs early because they are absolutely packed. We struggled to get a table every night but did manage it. On our last full day we went down to the beach cafe/restaurant. This was a bit of a let down. Food wasn’t good and we were not asked how our meals were or anything. Staff were polite enough but we wouldn’t go again. On the morning that we were leaving, the kids did target shooting, archery and the climbing wall which they really enjoyed. The next niggle was on arriving at our booked time slot for the climbing wall. There was loads of staff stood around in the hut chatting, lots going in and out and no one even spoke to us. When we were finally handed the form to fill in, we filled it in and they took it off us and walked off. Again they ignored us standing there for the next 5 mins. We weren’t sure whether we were meant to get the kids harnessed up at the hut or go down to the wall. When we went down to the wall, they were running late so the kids didn’t get on until 10 mins after their booking time, yet still had to get off at the booked finishing time. The lack of basic customer service skills let them down here. Overall a good holiday and we would still return

2  Thank carlap1987
Devon_Cliffs_Exmouth, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts on your stay at Devon Cliffs and for your really helpful feedback about the team, we'll be sure to address this at the next management meeting.

Despite this I'm really pleased to see that your little ones enjoyed themselves so much as that's exactly what a Haven holiday is all about!

We'd love to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

had a lovely week at devon cliffs. it was booked through newmans holidays. their service was very good. we had an issue as we were told our caravan was close to the amenities but it wasnt and half the cost of mobility scooter was met. sarah from living and lifestyle was quick friendly and courteous. it was delivered exactly at the time she said it would be. it was a god send.
the staff at the site were fantastic. tbe security staff at capones were first class with my dad and his scooter. they always had a chair waiting for us every day for the wait for it to open. special mentions to alex and ollie. they were friendly patient and a credit to devon cliffs. andrew and martin kept the kids entertained and even tbe wife did animal impressions during the yellow vs blue game. and the acts were of a good standard.
caravan was modern clean and warm. the only thing that spoilt it was that cause it rained and we were bottom of the hill the slabs were laid in a way that meant the mud got everywhere and was a constant battle to keep van clean.

kids activities. excellent variety. the kids did the climbing wall and football training.

would we go again possibly but one area we do feel needs an urgent look at is that we feel the caravans could bemefit with better paths to vans and car parking needs a serious look at

1  Thank Andrew D

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your thoughts following your stay with us and despite a few issues with some mud caused by the recent unprecedented heavy rainfall you still found all the staff to be so friendly and welcoming as that's exactly what we aim for, whatever the British weather throws at us!

I know what you mean about the climbing wall, it's great fun, even if I didn't make it all the way to the top when I tried it!

We'd love to welcome you back again soon and don't forget if you have any special requests regarding the location of your caravan you can always let us know in advance and we'll do everything we can to meet these for you.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We have been coming here for over 10 years and every year has been fantastic awesome facilities friendly helpful staff nothing is ever too much trouble. Gorgeous beach and facilities on the park exteremly clean and tidy best holiday park ever

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Devon_Cliffs_Exmouth, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for such a lovely review of Devon Cliffs and for awarding us the title of your best family holiday! Making amazing memories is what we're all about at Haven and we can't wait to welcome you back to make even more.

Bets Wishes,

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Went with my husband, two daughters (11&13) and our dog for a 5 day break. We stayed in Nutwell Glade which was a couple of minutes away from the main complex. The caravan was lovely, clean and had everything we needed.
The weather was the only thing that could of been better for us. We fitted in swimming, pottery painting, and a trip down to the beach which were great. The lady working in the pottery shop could not of been more kind or helpful even though she was dealing with a large queue waiting for tables and customers which were already seated.
Having two older children, we spent the majority of our time in the arcade which is where my biggest thumbs up goes to. The staff that work the floor in the arcade retrieving stuck prizes, restocking machines and coming to the rescue of games going a bit wrong are absolutely fantastic! All of them deserve a big well done for their hard work of running around and keeping things going. They were always smiling and extremely helpful.

I think we tried all of the food outlets except for mash and barrel. All were great. Food was nice. The sea food restaurant by the beach was lovely!

All in all we would recommend this park, only thing I would say was a bit of an eye opener was how huge the entire site was. We were lucky to be situated so close to the complex (our dog is very old and struggles with long walks and hills) so if you were placed a fair way back it might be an issue.
Will definitely be coming back in the future!

3  Thank siobhan c

Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing such an amazing review of your holiday at Devon Cliffs and particularly for your kind words about the staff. I know all of the team work incredibly hard to give our guests a great time with memories to last a lifetime and it's fantastic to read their efforts are well received.

We are a big Park but don't forget if you have any location requests then please let us know ahead of your stay and we'll do everything we can to meet the request.

See you again soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was my first time here and what an amazing experience! From the welcoming and helpful staff on arrival (who were able to accommodate us considering we were early for check in) to all the entertainment, the food, the caravan was amazing, it was clean and was very homely! My son and partner had a great time doing the aerial adventure and climbing wall!! It was just a week of memories made for my sons birthday and I cannot wait to return!! Amazing!!

1  Thank Lucie A

Dear Guest,

What a wonderful 5 star review which I'll be sure to share with all the team here at Devon Cliffs! It was an absolute please having you on our Park making some wonderful memories and we can't wait to welcome you back soon.