All reviews post inn restaurant next door hog hedge petrol station overnight stay travel lodge nice bed car park room was clean quiet location service station good nights sleep service area plenty of free parking sofa bed local pub night's sleep
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Good value great staff nothing is to much trouble would recommend to anyone quite At night would stay here anytime you can get food in the place next door or just a short trip down the road is oakhampton

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

This travelodge is up to usual good standard BUT there was only one chair in the double room. So I asked the receptionist and she said the company had said they would be sending extra chairs several times but haven't. So we were severely inconvenience as she also said there were no spare room so she couldn't borrow any either.
Also. Why allow smoking directly outside the front door? Why not say NO SMOKING ANYWHERE.Then you could help guests to kick th e habit rather than encourage them to smoke and make others inhale their filthy habit.
Not satisfactory at all.
Come on travelodge. Get your act together.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from the Social Media team at Travelodge Okehampton Whiddon Down, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Thank you for reviewing our Okehampton Whiddon Down hotel. We have passed on your comments to the hotel manager and we do apologise for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We aim to provide the best service possible to our guests and we will make the most of customer feedback such as yours to help improve the service we offer. Thank you again for choosing Travelodge.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I wanted a room for a one night stay at fairy short notice. Through the very easy to use on-line booking system I was able to secure a room at a vet reasonable rate. I received two emails and an SMS to confirm my booking and, on arrival, the reception staff had my key ready and I was able to check-in immediately.

The staff were helpful and gave me recommendations as to where I could eat. Check-out on the following day was even easier and the staff were keen to know whether everything had been alright during my stay.

My room was comfortable. The bed was comfortable, the bed linen and towels were fresh and there was plenty of hot water. In fact everything was fine.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Hotel was a pretty standard travelodge with good sized, clean rooms and friendly service but although I booked and paid for a wifi room for 4 people the wifi was only for two devices! I expect that rule was somewhere in the small print but .... Personally I think that is pretty poor and thank goodness we only stayed the one night on our way to somewhere with proper wifi as I think the kids would have rebelled!!!

Room tip: First floor and someone upstairs decided to rearrange their furniture in the middle of the night!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Poppy from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Okehampton Whiddon Down, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Thank you for sharing your review of our Okehampton Whiddon Down Travelodge with us.

We are really pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room and that you received a high level of service from our helpful hotel team.

We will be sure to pass your comments to the hotel and we hope that there will be another occasion to welcome you as our guest. May we thank you again for reviewing your stay.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at this Travelodge before and will stay here again. It happens to be in a very convenient location for exploring Dartmoor and to the fantastic local pub, The Post Inn (great food and range of beers, warm welcome etc) which is a short walk away.
However, although the staff are very friendly and the rooms kept clean, the hotel is tired and in need of refurbishment. Having said that, due to the hard work from the front desk staff and cleaners, it is perfectly adequate for an overnight stay and hopefully it will soon be up dated to bring it in line with the more modern Travelodges.

Trip type: Travelled with family