“Delightful little cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sam135246
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Delightful little cottage”
Reviewed 30 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We spent a lovely week staying in this cottage with our 20 month old son. It was clean, tidy and there was even bread, milk, jam and cheese waiting for us on our arrival. The cottage is in the middle of town but tucked away from down a quirky narrow lane so you have the convenience of the shops whilst being away from the main street. There is a car parking space provided but the access is narrow, we managed it in our Ford Focus but anything bigger might be more of a challenge, especially if you value your bumpers! Don't however, let this put you off if you have a bigger car, the lane is wide enough to drop your luggage off outside and there is a permit provided for the town carparks which we also made use of. The South Devon Railway is a short walk away, as is the Otter and Butterfly Centre and Buckfast Abbey is also possible by foot. A great place to base yourself for visiting South Devon and Dartmoor.

treeshenn...
Poole, United Kingdom
“Dream Cottage”
Reviewed 18 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I stayed 3 nights at River Garden Cottage. It is ideal for a short break for one person or family of four. The facilities are just right & I would go back again. I have returned twice & it is ideally situated to visit my family & friends.

Seaside13...
“Enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed 5 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I stayed at the cottage for a month whilst at the Ashburton cookery school which is approx. 3 miles away. I was able to cycle occasionally when the weather was good and nearby to A38. I also found good walking areas around the town. Friendly area, local community centre that had a keep fit class and monthly cinema. Dartington is nearby and there is a great cycle / walk route to Totnes. Buckfast abbey is walking distance, free of charge and a nice retreat.
The cottage is situated in the small town of Buckfastleigh and although small, had everything that I needed - chemist, organic food store for lovely bread, fruit and veg and local cooperative supermarket for other groceries.
The cottage itself was nicely decorated, cosy, clean and spacious for 2 people. Comfortable bed and another bedroom with twin beds. Hairdryer. No wardrobes but drawers, hangers and hooks available which worked fine for me. Small open plan kitchen, no washing machine and comfortable lounge area with large log burner. Iron board, iron etc also there which was helpful.
Due to the time of year I didn't visit the garden.
The car park is not for the faint hearted. I have a Nissan Juke so fairly large. Steep angled driveway, more difficult to use when it had been raining so I generally used the car parks nearby and had a permit for these. The car park nearest the cottage was generally full by 5pm but I always got a space at the car park nearest the supermarket whatever time I got back and only a two minute walk back to the cottage.
Overall it was absolutely ideal for what I wanted for the month and more importantly I felt safe being there on my own. Highly recommended

adrian F
Devon
“So welcoming, charmong but modern interior , clean and fab location”
Reviewed 14 January 2017 for a stay in February 2016

Visited my daughter in Buckfastleigh and treated ourselves to this amazing cottage
The garden is tranquil and even in Feb was a pleasant retreat.
Cottage was well equipped , comfy soft beds and lovely wood burner
Right in centre of town and so near to moors , beaches and Exeter for treat shopping!
would recommend to anyone.

HayleyMar...
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Mrs”
Reviewed 21 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Lovely cottage in the heart of Buckfastleigh. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. On arrival, we were welcomed by fresh bread, jams, butter, milk and cheese. The beds were lovely and comfortable and the log fire a real bonus. The kitchen is well equipped but we weren't too worried as the cottage is within easy walking distance of 3 pubs. We would definitely return for a short break!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing