“Worth a visit”
Review of Guernsey Aquarium

Guernsey Aquarium
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We enjoyed a good visit on a rainy day. It's an unusual aquarium as it in a network of tunnels used by the Germans in the Second World War so you get to see fish and the odd bit of German memorabilia. They have only opened for this season and were in the process of getting the gift shop area ready. New owners are making a big effort after years of neglect so ignore the old reviews! Plenty of local and some tropical fish. Some signs still to go up and some fish are babies but I'm told they are growing! There is a predator pool with stingray, tope and dogfish etc. All in all good fun but don't expect a super slick set up. That's what makes it kind of fun. The Aquarium is very close to the Victorian Bathing pools and the German underground museum.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I saw some of the reviews which were not flattering, well We went to visit the Aquarium last week and we thought it was very good, if you are looking for sea world this is not for you, but here you can see in tanks all manner of Marine,Fresh and Tropical fish. wonderful and helpful staff and a lovely shops selling all manner of things please visit if in Guernsey only £5 pounds

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I am a local to Guernsey and I used to love going here as a child, but now the place has refurbished and I don't know why I wasted my time. There are not labels on the tanks, so I don't even know what I'm looking at and the tanks aren't even kept very well and I could barely see the fish.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We were over visiting family for Christmas and ventured over to the aquarium for something to do on a rainy day. We took our little boy who is 3 so thought it would keep him occupied for an hour or so. How wrong were we? We were there 10 minutes tops as there is so little to see. It really is embarrassing that they are charging £5 to look around a few tanks of fish. Some of the tanks were empty and then most of the others were dirty! There were very little labels or information of what was in the tanks so couldn't even tell our little boy what he was looking at. At least half of the advertised attractions are no longer there and have blue tape over them to delete them from the advertising board outside. We live in the UK and can honestly see more going to out local pet shop. There is a little shop at the entrance/exit and on the way out went to get some chocolate out the vending machine only to find when it dropped into the drawer at the bottom it was soaked with sticky stuff!!!! I would have told the staff but they were only two people around and neither could be seen at the time. I don't like to leave negative reviews and always try and find something positive but other than the lovely location inside an old war tunnel I cannot find one. Very disappointing as it has just recently had a refurb.