All reviewsdeluxe roomnarrow lanenew winglovely hotelpeter portsteep stepsoverlooking the harbourshared balconyother islandselevated positionlovely balconysmall balconyhotel restaurantsea basstrouser pressbreakfast was includedrelaxing stay
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The only problem I had with this hotel was the steep climb from the bottom of the hill it stands on!. That aside I arrived early, 0900 hours, and was able to go straight to my sea-view room. The staff at reception and at breakfast were wonderful. They would bend over backwards to ensure you had whatever you wanted or needed. Breakfast was 'outasight'! The best ever Eggs Florentine I've ever had.
Top tip, get a taxi to the hotel from the airport. I wish I had! However, the bus from the airport into St Peter Port cost a mere £1

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Simon D, General Manager at La Fregate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Jackie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and
I am naturally delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

Those steps from town never get any easier!

I hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Visited this hotel twice over the last month unfortunately the duty manager Simon behaviour and attitude was absolutely appalling considering this is a 4.5* rating hotel a what ever you would like to call it. I am sorry it is far from that he’s attitude towards any complaint was well you don’t need to come here again.
Sadly on both my visits I have to make complaints about either food or the upkeep of the room I was staying in the room with half decorated and extremely dirty full of dust soap residue around the bath in fact the cleanliness of this hotel left a lot to be desired.

The presentation of the breakfast on a few occasions that I had breakfast was on satisfactory half cooked undercooked or cold would I recommend this hotel to anybody Certainly NOT. Not even a good will gesture was offered from the duty manager Simon who has several years of experience allegedly.

They’re better if hotels in Guernsey that I would use before I would use that place again and also it would be a good idea if Simon took some customer relationship classes in order for him to be more pleasing to his guests. Way overpriced for a standard you’re paying for the view not for the room or the food

Room Tip: Majority had some sort of a view - away over priced sorry would not recommend
Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Seriously66
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

The rooms are good, but a hotel should be so much more than that.

Complete incompetence is an understatement. Having allowed half an hour before leaving for breakfast, they failed to deliver anything.

Orders wrong, couldn’t get a coffee. My breakfast never even arrived.

Not even an apology. Reception did apologies but weren’t really that bothered.

We had 7 rooms and come to Guernsey regularly won’t be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank CHR1515
Simon D, General Manager at La Fregate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

I firstly need to apologise for an appalling breakfast service.

Upon investigation, I find that two members of staff phoned in sick at 07.00.
I can assure you that this is not our normal standard, and would hope that
as the remainder of the hotel and it's services were satisfactory, that you
might afford us another chance.

Please let me know personally if I can assist further.

My sincere apologies once again.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We visited whilst In Guernsey for cocktails. The hotel is situated in an elevated position with a terrace overlooking St Peter Port harbour and great sunset views.

The staff were friendly and welcoming on our arrival. Our food was good but the fish servings, whilst well cooked, were very small and lacking in presentation for a 4 star hotel,

We found that we had to chase up our orders for our wine order and after dinner tea/coffees which was disappointing even though the restaurant wasn’t full so we wouldn’t return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nikitriaone
Simon D, General Manager at La Fregate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for your review.

Whilst I am delighted that a number of elements of your visit were enjoyed, I am disappointed
that there were shortfalls in our service.

I am very sorry we did not meet expectation and that you will not be returning.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

The wife and I went here for a romantic lunch and certainly were not dissapointed. We had a drink on the terrace,what a great view, before being guided in for lunch. The lunch menu was reasonably priced with loads to choose from. I thoroughly enjoyed the view from our table and the food was excellent particularly the desert. We could not have asked for better service. Simply the best.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Simon D, General Manager at La Fregate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your recent lunch with us.

We are very fortunate to enjoy such splendid views and I am delighted
the food and service enhanced the setting.