Reviews (2 019)
2 019 results
1 157
1 157
All reviews star room kids club all ages jersey joes kids zone flow rider italian restaurant st helier evening entertainment family suite aqua dome games room sports bar half board buffet style lazy river pool complex
260 - 265 of 2 019 reviews
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Managed to sneak 4 days here by plane, the hotel was quiet in numbers but, still had plenty of charm and warmth from the staff. Only managed 4 visits this year, mainly due to not being open until late March, which is when we will return in 2018...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Binners
Seymourgroup, Director of Sales at Merton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you for your review - we are always pleased to hear from our many repeat guests and are glad that you enjoyed your stay at a quieter time of year.
We look forward to seeing you in 2018

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We took our granddaughter here because of its lovely swimming facilities. The hotel website describes accurately the connected indoor and outdoor pools, the long water slide and jacuzzis, steam room and sauna. Our granddaughter (age 11) didn’t try the surfing but watched others - maybe on our next visit.
Staff are very pleasant, knowledgeable and efficient and were coping admirably in a busy half term week apart from some evenings when the hotel was crowded with young families.
The “American Diner - Jersey Joe's” was shut for the last two nights of our stay due to staff shortages which was a disappointment as we had promised our granddaughter a meal there. And at the same time the hotel restaurant was booked solidly which made it impossible to eat in until 8.30 which is unacceptable for guests with young families.
A tip for guests arriving by air - no need to book taxis or courtesy bus. There is a superb number 15 bus running from a stop right next to airport arrivals to the bus station in St Helier - little more than 10 minutes walk along shopping streets.
We shall stay again but perhaps avoid half term week!

Date of stay: October 2017
5  Thank JohnHowardNorfolk
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Well what do you need to know? Rooms are equipped with tea tray but no fridges. Beds and pillows were hard and cheap. No air on so bad in summer I should think. A rabbit warren maze to get to rooms so if you have young ones ask for a room near reception. Games room was badly lit with mostly broken electrical games. Too loud music and no where to sit to supervise your cherubs. There is no double glazing and rooms have bad traffic noise if you are roadside. Buffet was hit and miss and not hot enough I suspect heat lamps need updating. First night food was great but went down hill after that, so it's the luck of the drawer. Ice cream parlour overpriced with no atmosphere. Bar prices high. It's ok as a very basic hotel but Jersey can offer way better and if you want the pool facility this is open to the public anyway.

Date of stay: October 2017
2  Thank katebX249OQ
Seymourgroup, General Manager at Merton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Kate B,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
I am sorry to learn of your disappointment on this occasion and that we did not meet your expectations. Had I been made aware of your concerns during your stay then I would have done my very best to rectify them. Just by a matter of course I would just like to highlight for potential customers that we do have double-glazing in all bedrooms, fridges can be provided on request, subject to availability and our leisure facilities, including the pool are not open to the public yet we do have a limited local membership. I will review those areas of concern that you have highlighted in order to restore our high standards of service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I have been to Jersey almost 50 times but never stayed at the Merton till now. In the main, a lovely place, and difficult to find any faults. Breakfast was wonderful, especially if you like very crispy fried bread, and there was a wide choice to suit everyone. I only had one main meal (a carvery on Sunday) and that was fabulous and reasonably priced, with enough meat to normally last me a week. The price surprised me as I had ordered a toastie the day before and been charged an excessive (IMHO) £8.50. The room was extremely clean and the view was only marred by some necessary scaffolding. My ONE moan would have to be the "free Wi-Fi". Other guests told me they had no problem, but I felt the need to upgrade for 3 nights (cost £5) and it still mis-behaved by buffering even IF I could fully access it at all. The receptionist finally agreed that users of laptops do have problems with access, and thankfully agreed a refund.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Pete F
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Merton. Was a little disappointed that there was not more entertainment. Really enjoyed The Aquadome and Gym. The food in the restaurant was second to none. Would give their sister hotel a run for its money. Our room was fine though a little dated. Overall happy to stay here again.

1  Thank ratcliffejersey