“Fast and friendly ”

Ranked #12 of 57 Restaurants in St Brelade
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus stop on the Restaurant roof, stop is Oyster Box stop.
Description: The Crab Shack is located on the promenade in St Brelades Bay just 2 meters from the beach and sea, we are part of the Jersey Pottery group of restaurants, where we really care about guaranteeing quality and have a dedication and commitment to the island of Jersey and its produce both on land and sea.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Booked a table for 18:30 arrived to be met by friendly, helpful and efficient staff member and shown to our table.

Friendly waiter dealt with us. We were only having a main course and our order taken. The meals arrived quickly.

Fish and seafood platter was excellent as was the chicken schnitzel.

Fast food but quality food. We were finished and bill was paid by 19:20!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 515)

95 - 99 of 1 515 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Had to wait an hour for a table, this place is very busy. Service not the best, hurried and uninterested. Limited bar menu, a nice hot evening and I was after some flavoured cider but they only stock one brand and type. I ordered the Fish Platter £16.95. It came out quickly but I can’t hide my disappointment with how little there was of it. Two king prawns, some waifs of salmon and two dollops of mackerel pate and crab. The salad was just lettuce and cucumber with a substandard dressing. The fish though, the little that was there, was delicious but I left feeling hungry. Think this is the place to be but I’d have got better value at one of the Island’s many pubs.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

On the beach front with the stunning views, this is certainly a must visit restaurant if in the area. We had three delicious courses, couldn't fault any of the meals, all 5 star.
Definately return when back in the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Whilst visiting a friend on the island she took us here for dinner! We booked a table and lucky we did as it was busy! This however did not effect the service which was spot on. Starters of garlic bread and bread an oil, followed by burgers and fish and chips with cheesecake for dessert! Could not fault the food, all tasted great! Will return when we make it to Jersey again!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I really wanted to try The Crab Shack after reading reviews and seeing it's great position overlooking this beautiful beach.
We didn't book and so when we arrived at around 7.30pm the restaurant was busy and we were told there would only be room outside for us. I was a bit disappointed as the tables are less comfortable and feel less special. I ordered crab linguine which I have to say was lovely, my husband ordered a burger and he was less than impressed. He asked me a couple of times if I thought it was cooked through as although it was not pink, it's texture was wrong and it was cold in the middle. It was also very wet making the lettuce drip with grease. When we mentioned to our waiter the problem he looked like a deer in headlights ! He did not know what to say or do and so chose to back away from us and mutter he would speak to the manager. After a few minutes the manager came over, he did offer a dessert but as my husband had eaten over half of the burger it wasn't offered to be replaced. Anyway, we declined the dessert's and the manager did take the burger off the bill for us which we did appreciate.
I guess the best advice I can give perspective customers is book in advance and stick to the fish as they obviously do that really well !!

1  Thank baileybonce