Reviews (1 159)
1 159 results
All reviews italian restaurant strawberry tree brook lodge the outdoor hot tub thermal suite spa area the main hotel wells spa spa treatments poached eggs relaxing break la taverna standard room potato cakes wedding guests old style golf course
268 - 273 of 1 159 reviews
Reviewed 26 August 2016

Once off motorway journey through small towns and rural villages to reach Brooklodge Hotel & Spa. Everything you need - food divine - fresh and organic Strawberry restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Hotel Bar and Lounge also serve food - A pub - shop - walks in abundance - golf - pools - comfortable beds - rooms spacious - service beyond excellent - discreet and helpful - relaxed atmosphere with spa onsite - garden walks beautiful - just perfect - will definitely return - this is one Hotel you have to stay at.

Room tip: All rooms have a great aspect - surrounded by hills and gardens
Reviewed 25 August 2016

My wife brought me to the Brook Lodge for an early birthday present for a two night 2DBB stay. In short, it was excellent! I’d heard it was a hotel with a focus on organic produce and didn’t know what to expect….

Our room was beautiful – overlooking the garden’s beehives and the outdoor hot water bath. I remember waking up to the sound of the babbling brook on our first morning there – a first for me!

Pizza in the bar La Taverna and the table d’hôte in Armento restaurant was great. As for our meal in The Strawberry Tree restaurant, words aren’t enough to describe it – exquisite. We went for the 9 course tasting menu, with wine, and can still remember each dish on each course. I described the tasting experience of this organic menu, to my wife, as the difference between watching TV in black and white and then watching it in technicolour. The taste was so rich and enjoyable in fact adjectives are not enough to do this place justice.

To finish up – the staff were excellent, just the right mix of friendliness and professionalism; in fact, in our whole time there we saw no managers, only the maître d’. This isn’t a complaint, rather a testament to the standard of service by the staff, no manager was needed to oversee them!

If I had one suggestion to improve the place it’d be to put up a sign in car park directing the way to Reception (or if there is one there, make it more visible) as we were a little lost upon arrival.

We will definitely be back and would recommend this place to anybody who appreciates quality food, service and facilities.

Top marks!

Room tip: Suite - Room 50 was great. 3 big windows.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016

went for coffee with a very old uncle of mine the staff were so kind and helpful
we sat outside in the garden staff brought out the coffee with homemade cookies
it was lovely. We walked around the grounds the place is very well kept and so clean

Room tip: all the rooms are A class
Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Had a beautiful meal here recently. We arrived in a group of 6 and were warmly welcomed and well served throughout the meal.
The food was well presented, and delicious, and was reasonably priced.
The menu had a good selection of choices, and I have no hesitation in recommending La Taverna Armento, in Macreddin Village.

Room tip: Don't depend on mobile phone service, you may be "off the grid" during your stay.
Reviewed 22 August 2016

The first time I stayed here, I booked a suite and had an amazing experience. So I booked to come back, mainly to try the Strawberry Tree restaurant. This was a few months ago and I was so disappointed in the room. It was in the main building and the heaters kicked off around 2am and again around 4am. They sounded like a jet engine in the room, so eventually I got up and turned the radiator off. The mattress on the bed was very uncomfortable. We barely slept all night. I told reception about the radiator the next day and I was offered an upgrade the next time I visited - which was nice but I still paid almost €200 for a bad night's sleep. Which was a pity, as The Strawberry Tree was amazing - really couldn't have been better.

I was there again this weekend, the room was booked by somebody else so I didn't avail of the offered upgrade, it was €180. I had the worst night's sleep I've had in a long time. The bed was tiny, we both almost fell out numerous times, our feet were up against the foot of the bed and the mattress was dipped. There was a huge pile of bird droppings on the balcony rail, pretty much the first thing you see when you walk into the room - it looked like it hadn't been washed down in a while. The heating was very loud throughout the night. Also, there were no curtains on the windows, just roman blinds that peaked with sunshine from very early.

Overall, it was such a disappointing experience. I love that part of the country and visit quite a bit. Visit the Strawberry Tree restaurant if you can - it's wonderful. And try out their spa facilities too. But book elsewhere to sleep.

Room tip: Only book a corner room suite.