Reviews (1 679)
1 679 results
1 320
1 320
All reviewshorse ridingcastle lesliesnaffles restaurantafternoon teahunting lodgeequestrian centrecross countryroll top bathtreatment roomsstable mewsself cateringold worldsuperior roomconnors barcourse mealsir jackgrounds are beautiful
47 - 52 of 1 679 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the castle at Castle Leslie for 2 nights. I would give it 10 stars if I could. It was a fantastic stay!!! The package we had included 2 breakfasts and 1 six course dinner. All of the food we had was fantastic! The grounds are beautiful. The rooms are great. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. I did a 2 hour cross country ride as well, which was fantastic. There is absolutely nothing bad to say about Castle Leslie. I wish we could stay longer! The value for what you get with your stay is well worth it!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank jamiemcginnis91
Brian_Baldwin, General Manager at Castle Leslie Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. It means so much to both the team and I when we receive feedback like this.
I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to all members of the Estate.

Please do come back and stay with us again soon. Perhaps for 3 nights next time!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from castle leslie having spent a night in the lodge .It was a very relaxing experience from minute you enter .We had a meal in snaffles restaurant and it was amazing
The staff were friendly and professional The breakfast is amazing .This is our second visit and we will return .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Brian_Baldwin, General Manager at Castle Leslie Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review.

I am delighted that you chose to return to Castle Leslie Estate and that your trip was so enjoyable. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to all of the team with your wonderful feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you for a third visit in the not too distant future!

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I travelled with friends on the 3 day horse sport package. The holiday more than lived up to every expectation. The highlight of the trip was absolutely the riding - the quality horses, and a careful assessment of on arrival resulted in a thoughtful itinerary. The staff, guides, and instructors of the equestrian centre were wonderful - we were never treated with kid gloves and appreciated that. The combination of estate rides, indoor lessons (and assessments) and cross country was perfect. The final cross country ride was one of the most exhilarating of my life. The safe and kind horses were the stars.

Beyond that the rooms were clean and well appointed. The breakfast included in the package was wonderful. The meals at both the pub, and snaffles were lovely - though the service a bit awkward as far as timing.

Absolutely a perfect holiday and hoping to make a return visit. Thank you to all who made it a special trip!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Brian_Baldwin, General Manager at Castle Leslie Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. I will be sure to let the team in the equestrian centre as well as the Lodge know of your feedback.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on an equestrian holiday in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Excellent Food & accommodation - lovely walks and spa is a great experience. Very friendly staff. Highly recommended for a truly relaxed getaway. Check website for some great mid week offers. We stayed in the lodge - next time hope to get a room in the castle which you can visit.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank rosie572017

Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful time and that you "escaped from it all". That's what we really aspire to deliver to each and every one of our guests. We look forward to your return visit, perhaps as you say to the Castle next time.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Oh my goodness, I can't stop gushing about this place! I stayed at Castle Leslie with three friends for 3 nights w/the Horse Sport package and was blown away from start to finish. I wasn't sure what the food/rooms/horses would be like because the package seemed like a deal.

Rooms: We stayed in the Lodge at Daniel in reservation's suggestion because we'd each have our own twin bed and it was closer to the stables. I was worried it wouldn't be the same effect as the Castle itself, but WOW - the rooms were just gorgeous, clean, well decorated and so convenient to breakfast, dinner and the stables. The Lodge was built in the 1700's and had all the impact of the old world beauty I was hoping for. We also had adjoining rooms which was so fun to keep our party together. The rooms had claw foot tubs, a huge shower, an electric kettle w/tea set, everything we needed to enjoy ourselves!

Food: Breakfast was served in Snaffles and started every day off on a decadent foot. They had cold cereals, yogurt and bakery goods out and took our orders for freshly made eggs benedict/full Irish breakfast/etc as part of the package. Again, great deal. We had dinner in Conor's Pub 2 nights and saved Snaffle's for our final night. Conor's Pub food was great, and included a choice of an appetizer or dessert with our main course (desserts were so good!). Snaffles was gorgeous and I had maybe the best filet mignon I've ever tasted. Service and food were all 5 stars.

Horses & Stables: Hotels that offer riding to the public have an incredibly hard task of providing safe, sound horses that can handle all sizes/sorts of riders on a consistent basis. Castle Leslie does this AND offers galloping hacks+x-country jumping, so multiply that task x5 to find safe, sound, smart horses who can not only keep their heads while galloping in a group but actually get themselves and you over jumps safely. The staff and horses at Castle Leslie are to be commended for their training and direction of both horses and riders! My group was experienced and have ridden/jumped competitively, but we all had a little bit of wobbly knees with the idea of facing down solid outdoor jumps on unfamiliar horses. The large, fit, well trained horses (all ANGELS) and the instructors gave us so much confidence, and every one of us walked away saying "I can't WAIT to do more!". Estate rides were our favorite - I've never been able to gallop a horse without being worried about being bucked off!

Staff/grounds: Whether at reception, the stables, the spa, afternoon tea or cocktails at the Castle bar, the staff consistently exceeded my expectations to be helpful and work to help us have the best time we possibly could. The grounds are immaculate and one of our favorite moments of the trip was sitting out on the stairs leading from the castle to the lake with a bottle of wine.

Recommendations:
The stables provide boots and helmets but if you like the idea of riding in your own boots, pack paddock boots/half chaps or tall boots - they won't allow Dubarry/Welly/wide work boots for riding.
Even if you're on a budget, get yourself a 30 minute head/neck/shoulders massage at the spa--its worth it.
Sit at the quiet Castle bar with some pals and get some education on Irish whiskeys.
Get an indoor jumping lesson before your x-country to get a feel for the horses and how they go.
If you are lucky enough to ride Charlie, you've already won.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ssheldon88

Thank you so much for your wonderful and detailed review. It is very much appreciated by us. I am so delighted your trip was such a success. We can't ask for any more than a 5 star review for service and food!

Your pictures are great!

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you for a return visit some day.