“Very nice find”

Price range: US$11 - US$46
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A little bit of Mediterranean cuisine in County Meath! La Bucca was opened in 2004, by Russell Bailey in Ashbourne to provide family friendly dining to the fastest expanding town in County Meath. Customer demand led to the opening of La Bucca Ratoath in 2007 and La Bucca Dunboyne in 2010. We would be delighted to welcome you to any of our venues to try one of our tantalizing dishes and a glass of wine. Keep an eye out for our daily changing specials, which have a leaning towards seafood but has something to suit every palate. Please remember at peak times booking is essential – especially at weekends. Look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Great little Italian eaterie. Staff very friendly and helpful, pizza brilliantly hot and spicy, washed down with a very cold Peroni. Children demolished their food. And not expensive at all. What's not to like???

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

La Bucca is one of my top 3 favourite establishments to eat in after my first time being there.. it was beautifull. The menu varies from salads, pizza, pastas and burgers and bound to find something to suit the plainest and pickiest of eaters!! And if your a foodie like me that loves their grub you'll be in heaven.

I had the Mexicano Flatbread.. its was beautifull served with guac and sour cream!! For main I had the Spicy Burger with Skinny Chips and had garlic mayo on the side! It delivered as promised and was packed with heat. For dessert I had the Tiramisu.. I make tiramisu myself so I might be a little over critical.. it was nice but didn't wow me but I tasted the Strawberry Pavlova and it was beautifull.

I will definetly be returning again if in ashbourne area again.

My only small suggestion.. Would of liked to have seen Peroni on draught instead of bottles.

5 Stars for definite

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here recently as it was recommended by a friend. We booked a table for 8:30 as the kitchen stops at 9. On arrival we were seated at a round table which was extremely close to the tables around us like we were sitting back to back with other diners but the food an service made up for this.. for starters ribs, wings, skewers, salad an flatbread were had and they were all yum!!! The chicken skewers were very hot and now I like heat but they were very close to been to hot!! Sauce on the ribs was amazing and the flatbread was unreal. For mains a pizza, spag boil, cheese burger, chicken burger, an a spicy burger. All plates went back clean so that says it all.. a range of deserts all tasted and again nice.. beers x 7 bottles and two cocktails coming in at €206 for the lot. Will visit again if in the area.

1  Thank RyanEM16
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Great little spot, had a lovely family meal. The wings were very nice-a definate recommend. I would recommend this restaurant to any looking for a casual meal with great service and lovely food. Prices can add up compared to most other restaurants that have early bird menus but still not too pricey.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant the staff extremely friendly could not do enough for you, the food piping hot could not say enough about this place and great atmosphere.