“Not impressed with with takeaway service.”

Mughal Indian Cuisine
Ranked #17 of 37 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Description: Mughal Indian Cuisine is a new inclusion for Ashbourne food lover. Come and Enjoy the best food in a lovely atmosphere.
Reviewed 2 August 2018

We ordered some food online and it took 75 minutes to arrive instead of the 45 listed on the confirmation email. Some of the food was fine but other dishes were inedible. Charging €3 for a tiny mouthful of very stale poppadoms creates a really bad impression when most other Indian restaurants provide much better ones for free.

I doubt we'll be ordering again.

2  Thank MarieReviews

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I went to Mughal for a sit in meal. We ordered our food and waited 30mins to receive our starter. The girls waiting on us were very inexperienced and almost poured half a bottle of red wine into two glasses. The starter was ok. I had onion baji and it was overdone. The people behind us had gone for a cigarette and when they came back their food and drinks had been cleared. The waitress thought they left. People got up and left the resturant because they waited 20mins to have their order taken. The quality of our mains were good. My prawns were a bit over done and chewy but sauces were delish and my partner really enjoyed his. We ordered two nann breads and only one came out on time, the second one came when we were almost finished our mains. Also when we asked the waitress which nann it was she replied 'I don't know'. The girls serving kept saying aswell to customers sitting we are so busy. You do not say this to customers.

When we went to pay, I asked the manger regarding their 49.95 deal which was printed on their leaflet that came in my door. I had not availed of this deal and when I asked why he explained we have separte menus. You have to ask when you come in if you want it. He said it is mostly week day menu to which I replied your leaflet says 7 days, it is very misleading!!.

I was very disappointed with this resturant and won't be going back anything soon.

3  Thank Meabh K
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I tried to order food for delivery. Tried calling for 20 mins and the phone was not answered from 7:30 to 7:50. So used their online ordering system. I got a text confirmation of the order at 8:03. After an hour no sign of the order, so tried calling again, but no answer. So drove to restuarant at 9:30 and asked about the order. I was told the online system wasnt being used and they were sorry about that, I explained that i got a text confirmation of my order. The person I was talking to just walked away, so i told him hes just lost a customer. Then 40 mins later I got a call from the delivery driver looking for directions (nice guy) with our order. So clearly the on line system was actually working and I was being lied to. The restuarant wasnt that busy when i went in. What dissapoints me most is the staff member (manager?) walked away and didnt seem to want to fix the situation. What should have happened is "im really sorry, our online system is not working/we are busy/what ever, can i take your order again and we will get it to you asap." Thats all it takes to rescue the situation !!! Oh and never lie to a customer... be honest, people appreciate it more. Its dissapointing as was really looking forward to an alternative indian restuarant in ashbourne...Food might be amazing, but not much use if you cant get it.

1  Thank LeeMc_ire
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner. It’s just opened and it was a Monday and we were there only people there. Food was amazing. Really really good. Decor was nice . Toilets could definitely do with a. Make over thought . Music was excellent . Will definitely be back

4  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We had a tasty dinner last night. The service was amazing. We were given starters and drinks on the house. We can’t wait to go back. Great to have another Indian in Ashbourne.

3  Thank siobhan1965