“Poor and a bit grubby”

Ranked #8 of 11 things to do in Ashbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Dropped in here for an hour with our young son (20mths) so he could let off some steam following a day of travelling.

The price was relatively good value at 5 euro with a free drink of juice (a nice touch) there was a cafe which again was good value at 5ish euros for a couple of coffees.

However,

The play centre itself felt filthy, alot of the soft play for younger kids was ripped, chewed or dirty. There was a kitchen for the kids which was falling to bits.

The staff also did little to police the centre with older kids in the toddler area and it felt a little dangerous for young children.

I wouldn't recommend.

"older kids"
"grip"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 12 February 2018

There are a lot of reviews here giving out about our policy on jump socks. When we opened first we allowed people in using whatever jump sock they wanted. We didn't care if they were our socks, another trampoline parks socks or generic grip socks you had bought anywhere - just as long as they were grip socks.
That all changed when someone decided to sue us for not providing them with grip socks. We never gave out free socks but if you did not have your own grip socks you could purchase ours. Even though we explained our policy to our insurance company regarding the jump socks and that the onus was on the parent to make sure their child had grip socks, they agreed to settle the claim.
This went strongly against the grain as I believe that our policy at that time was the best for our customers. The child in question did injure themselves but we firmly believe it was not as a result of the socks they were wearing. The fact that we did not provide the proper socks was the reason given for the claim.

Unfortunately due to the fact that we were sued in such a manner we had to take steps to protect our business. In conjunction with our insurance company it was decided from then on that all patrons using the trampoline park MUST use Fun Galaxy grip socks. I am unaware of where other trampoline parks get their grip socks from or as to the quality of same, but I would presume that they are of an appropriate quality.

Once you buy the socks they are yours to keep and can be used over and over again. You do not have to purchase them every time you enter the trampoline park - but if you are not wearing Fun Galaxy grip socks you will NOT be allowed to jump.

If this annoys or inconveniences people I apologies but unfortunately for insurance purposes this is the way it has to be.

Regards

Fun Galaxy

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Brought a group of 13 kids as part of my sons birthday treat . 3 of the children including the birthday boy had different colour jumpzone socks on as they had been in jumpzone Sandyford the month before. Long story short, they were initially refused entry , I told them to go ahead while I speak to somebody , I came back to see the 3 children standing in a bunch after being removed from the trampolines . They claim the socks are made from a different manufacturer although they have identical grips.
My husband got annoyed with the manager and he was told he is now flagged on the system as "abusive". I am a nurse and am well used to dealing with all sorts of situations but this was pure rubbish and staff were inexperienced and utterly rude . Maybe they should inform jumpzobe Sandyford that their socks are substandard and possibly putting children at risk?? Or is it a different material on the trampoline compatible with their jump sock ? Utter rubbish and a money racket .
I would not return here, I would prefer to travel to santry rather than 5 minutes down the road.
Picture of the socks below, can you tell the difference except for the colour? Pure crap

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 November 2017

RIP OFF - 30 euro for 2 kids for an hour on the trampolines and a bit of a play in the playcentre - they wouldn't let my little lad on the trampolines because he had jump zone socks on - they are identical to the fun galaxy ones except for the colour! I took it up with the surly 'manager' who proceeded to trot out some bull about insurance because they are made by a different manufacturer... complete and utter cynical money racket - and I told her as much... do yourself a favour and bring the kids to the zoo

10  Thank Brian K
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This was a unexpected gem. We went there as a last resort with the kids aged 11 and 6. The place is well planned out. When you go in, its a bit unorganised, We were moved from one desk to another and back to another desk to sign a weaver. I get we had to sign the weaver but the staff didn't explain to us what to do. When you get inside, its really well planned out. The play area to the right and trampolines to the left. The place is really well kitted out and the kids loved it. I would have gave it a 5 star if it wasn't for the staff. they were young and inexperienced. My son had a pot on his arm and the girl at the front desk let him in and gave him his wrist bands. But 20 minutes in he was asked to leave to tears from him. The manager was great and gave me a refund but it didn't really help with my sons tears.