“The best of family holidays”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
3 beautiful houses available .. *Seasonal prices apply.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

E-123ball...
wales
“Did the job”
Reviewed 14 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

The owner was very helpful with the organisation. He answered enquiries quickly and was very friendly on the phone.

I paid the a accommodation for the people which was alot, and a very large security deposit. I was taken aback by the length of the agreement and rules of the house. Lots of rules to follow, obvious ones such a breakage I understand but in regard to noise levels and their neighbours. I was on edge the first night when we got the guitar out for a sing song thinking I would lose some of my deposit. Wasn't a warm welcome feeling, more apprehension about keeping the house in order.

We arrived and the lady was very friendly. It's an old house, the kind of place your grandmother would love with old plates on the wall jt it did the job. They take pride I the cleanliness of the house and they should, everything was lovely when we arrived. Beds were extremely comfortable. Fridge, oven, cups, 2 bathrooms did the job very well for a large group.

Didn't get disturbed by anyone and we behaved ourselves. Good drinking and singing. However, I was it happy about the email on our last night. We were told. The vacate before 10am (fair enough) but with a potential fine from my large security deposit if we didn't. We were told to take our bottles to the recycling centre to the next village over, take off the quilts and bedsheets and put them on the landing. Take used towels and leave them on the bathroom floor. I paid alot of money for my guests and I to stay. Taking our bottles to the recycling centre and making our beds should not be something we are doing before we leave. We left it tidy, but on your last night when you want to let loose you don't want a lengthy email about what you had to do and rules before you left. Again, I couldn't relax and got up early again to make sure everything was done as to not ruin my guests experience at the end.

From the guest book, young fellows don't stay there its normally the older demographic. They pay their cleaners a high rate we were told, we shouldn't be doing their job and it soured the experience for me. I also lost £50 of my security deposit because apparently I had it paid the full amount with the exchange rate. I checked the figures and I paid in full. To be given £50 less after doing everything they asked because of PayPal and it being told anything was wrong before hand, really upset me. I emailed and again and again, told me to heck the previous email about being £32 short irritated me.

Would I stay here again? No. Large groups? Worth going. If you're young and looking for a modern house don't bother. I had no real problems with it. The TV is a joke, it's smaller than my tablet but you didn't come to Galway to watch TV did you!?

It was an average stay, you would think after a long journey maybe a welcome cake or something? We had a few tea bags but that was it. Was left to our own devices. I contacted the owner about my worries about the bottle recycling but he never got back to me. Luckily the nicd lady next door helped me.

The small beach isn't far away, taxi into Galway isn't too bad. Pints are over 5 euros so bring your wallet! Watersports centre down the road was amazing and real value for money.

3 rooms holds 10 people, some of you will have to share beds. Welcome book was handy. Lots of plug sockets and free WiFi. But I'll stay somewhere else next time. I felt anxious about the house the entire time. There is a massive dent in the downstairs cupboard, I was scared a guest had caused it but it was already there.

Outside of the house isn't pretty but it did the job. The older demographic will like it, modern people look elsewhere. Lengthy emails during your stay about reminders regarding bottles, breakage and regulations are not nice. Made us feel like we couldn't touch her anything. We shouldn't be making trips to recycling king centres and changing beds.

Make sure you get ALL your deposit back. I didn't. I was promised and checked everything. Alas I lost it. I didn't feel relaxed and won't be returning

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
1 Dec 2017
Thanks for the brilliant review we are delights See you again soon. Asher
lizmaster...
Galway, Ireland
“The best of family holidays”
Reviewed 12 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We stayed in Aran View House last month and what a wonderful holiday our group of eleven had. From the time we got off the plane in Dublin we were collected and we didn't have to think about organizing any of our daily tours. We had pre-arranged everything through Ray at Banba House. Our private tour bus brought us to see all the beautiful sights of the West of Ireland. This gave us private comfort to enjoy the Cliffs of Moher, Surfing at Lahinch, dinner at Bunratty Castle and Connemara. Spiddle and Galway offered great traditional Irish adventure. We even met Ray playing a traditional Irish session in the city. What a unique experience it was to be able to sit so close to all the musicians. Thank you Ray for arranging everything for us and making it a special family holiday we will never forget.

20 Jul 2017
What a lovely group of people . We were delighted to be able to meet you at Dublin airport and bring you directly to the house . Nothing like not having to worry about a thing from the moment you step off the plane. I hope you guys enjoyed the music tour i organised and you sure has great craic. It was great to meet you all. come back and see us again. thank you Ray
katha146
Vienna, Austria
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 12 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

A couple of friends and I stayed at the Aran View house for about a week and we just absolutely loved it! The landscape around the house is very pretty and the people were all very nice. (Including our host) The walk to the beach is about 20min long and there is a small shop in town. I can only recommend staying at Aran View.

20 Jul 2017
Hey Katha and friends, a beautiful group of people.I am so glad you had a nice relaxing time with us during your Galway visit.
it is so handy to have the bus pick you up at the station in Galway to take you to the house and of course with a short walk past the beach into Spiddal village you have all the pubs and restaurants to help you chill out.
Do come and see us again.. thank you so much
Ray
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing