“Friday night dinner......”
Review of Piccolo

Piccolo
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Skerries
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Went with my wife who had been once before and highly recommended it. Only opens Friday and Saturday nights for dinner rest of week it's a cafe. Booking is advisable.

Menu is small apparently one pasta one meat and one seafood dish guaranteed. Starters for me weren't to my liking but have the mixed veg and meat platter a go.

The reason for my 4 /5 is the main course the rib eyed steak was fantastic and beautifully cooked. Accompanied with some roast potatoes and ratatouille it was top notch.. My wife had the cod main but didn't enjoy as much as the sea bream main she had the time before she was here.

Service is very nice only one waitress and she kept the wine glass well topped up !

Will definitely try again.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Absolutely *love* this place. Giorgio, the owner, is obviously incredibly passionate about the food he cooks. Twice I've told him he needs to raise his prices but the place is a love of labour for him rather than a way to get rich. Have a chat with him and you'll see what I mean.

If you're going during the daytime there's a wide selection available on the fixed menu (various breakfast and lunch stuff, bagels, etc.) but make sure to look at the specials blackboard on the wall for the homemade pasta and other delicous stuff

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Welcomed by Giorgio, Laura and Valentina,who looked after us all very well. We had a variety of excellent dishes, Sea Bass, Wicklow Lamb, Seared Pork, and Pasta followed by sumptuous deserts. From the quality, flavour, texture and presentation of each dish, it is obvious that Giorgio the chef is passionate about the food he serves and is highly accomplished at his craft. Don't miss this lovely experience.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Visited twice, once for lunch and once for dinner and food both times was fantastic.

The menu is authentic Italian cuisine and everything is hand made from scratch.

The dinner menu is for weekends only and does change frequently, but there is something for everyone.

For dinner we had a party of 8 and everyone cleared their plates.

Of the food I tasted, included chicken supreme with an amazing chicken sauce, perfect gnocci and a seafood spaghetti.

The pasta is probably the real stand out here and is rightly considered one of the best in Dublin.

The lunch menu has the usual Irish staples but is always supplemented with Italian dishes and again, the pasta is what I would go for here.

I'll be back next time I am home.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We had heard good things about this restaurant but were underwhelmed. The menu was very small with only one pasta dish which I can only put down to having visited on a Sunday lunchtime. We has risotto, which was OK but nothing special. Friends had pumpkin-and-sage filled tortellini that just didn't work - tasted like marzipan unfortunately. We will try again, but at dinner time - everywhere deserves a second chance..